Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2014 10:00

How to get tape media details column in "All Jobs" report?

DPA Community,

Hi. I'm running DPA v6.1.0 ( Build83173 ) and I need help please in getting my "All Jobs" report, under Data Protection, to show a column for the tape media used in each NetWorker saveset. Do I need to create a custom report and a new template? I would think such a basic and crucial piece of information such as "What tape(s) is this backed up data on?" would be a part of the default template, but I can't seem to make it work ( yet ).

So in my "All Jobs" report when I right click on a particular row ( backup job ) I get the option "Disk media details". Where is the "Tape media details" that was in DPA 5.x ??.  Yes, I know EMC sells disks, not tape, and I have heard forever that tape is dead, but not at my company.

We have some scripts that use mminfo to provide "tapes used for jobs" so we can create tape library eject lists, but with all the great features of DPA I'm hoping to create scheduled reports for auditing and aid in restore requests and capacity management.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or ideas that might help with this problem!

- Eric   

39 Posts

November 25th, 2014 08:00

Eric I was in a similar situation a while back and quickly realized I had to create a custom template and filter out the "media Pool" used by tape volumes to get the desired output. I know it is such a pain with DPA6 to get this done. With DPA5.8 I could simply drill down to the "Media Pool" and run the report against the tape pool but this feature is not supported with 6.x.

Here is what I did.

1) Go to Reports -> Custom Reports-> System Templates

2) Make a copy of "Media details for Full Volumes" and give it a new name

3) Go to Preview of the template and select the scope and time window

4) Run the report then go to "Table Format"

5) Click on advanced setting and select "Edit Filter" under Filter

6) In the Select Field settings select "pool". In the select operator pick "contains" and under Select Value select the radio button on static Value and in the value column enter the name of the tape media pool"

7) Run the report and save this template

8) Use this template for scheduled report.

Its a big pain but that's the only way around.

Regards

Jacob

No Events found!