Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 5th, 2016 20:00

In DPA 6.2 can we create web base portal

Hi All,

I have different teams which keep raising request for  knowing backup status.

We have planned to create web portal with common username password, where team can login and check there server backup status themself.

I heard that there is an option in DPA to create web portal. If yes please let me know the steps or proccedure it would be great help for us.

Regards,

Vish

59 Posts

April 20th, 2016 16:00

Hi

For external publishing, DPA can publish to sharepoint 2013 directly - in this way, the access and ACLs are controlled by sharepoint - so this is the better method for access. This is a security enhancement we were asked to add in - so a free-for-all web portal is no longer possible.  Yes, there are ways around it, but do you really want to ?  Does your company have any security restrictions on what reports are viewable to other departments/internal customers ? etc ..

other option is to create/allow your users to login to the DPA UI itself - as you know DPA has role based security, so you could set up a Role with very limited access, and only be able to view one Group or Client in the Scope - and you could even limit which Menu (ie. which reports can be run) - so you  could create a login to the DPA UI, where only one report can be run for only one backup client.  DPA also supports LDAP authentication.

another option, every time you service a request/call for backup status, set up a Scheduled Report in DPA, to automatically email the user (distribution alias preferred) with what report/s they need and have DPA email it to them every morning at 8am (as an example) - that should minimise the phone calls as the Scheduled Report would then be a one-off setup.

If none of the above are options, then you could set up a WebServer elsewhere, and set up a Scheduled Report to publish to this WebServer either by using a symbolic link to that WebServer's webroot or use the Scheduled Report's post-processing option to run a script which would copy the file to the webroot, or ftp it to the WebServer, etc.

HTH

-E

14.3K Posts

April 6th, 2016 09:00

In DPA, you can create dashboard for each team and assign reports to those.  You can also control which reports they can create themselves.

7 Posts

April 8th, 2016 23:00

trying to REST based API to pull reports from DPA server. Though the GET method is displaying results, am getting an error while using POST method.

Can Someone help, on this.

a) http://dpaserver:9004/apollo-api/nodes/?query=name%3ddpavqavamar71.datadomain.com

This gives a unique ID, and am using the ID for POST

Example :

8c1491bd-b782-4666-ba6b-ddcff0c85654</id>

https://.ashu.abe.com:9002/apollo-api/nodes/8c1491bd-b782-4666-ba6b-ddcff0c85654"/>

sqcau001mel0012.global.anz.com

dinu.sagar.corp.abc.com:NetBackup:client1.ashu.abe.com

dinu.sagar.corp.abc.com:NetBackup:client1.ashu.abe.com

2016-04-08T00:41:22.0+10:00

Apollo

true

c8f115fa-4a23-4f6d-90e3-8bcbfca5bc92

b) I'm using Postman rest client.

Backup All Jobs

8c1491bd-b782-4666-ba6b-ddcff0c85654

Last Month

CSV

This giving me an internal server ERROR.

3 Posts

April 20th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

I'm also using postman, for post query to actually create the report, we need 3 tabs to be filled (postman)

authorization -> basic auth, and you need user with permissions (try with admin..)

headers-> authorization will be autocompleted

Content-Type : application/vnd.emc.apollo-v1+xml

body -> raw:

example:

Backup All Jobs

088a5f65-fd32-44b7-ba6d-9852aaba9d9f

Last Day

HTML

June 14th, 2016 14:00

Vishawanath,

You can install httpd service on your dpa server  and make either
/opt/emc/dpa/services/shared/report-results/scheduled/ as a home directory in httpd.conf (or)

create a softlink of the above folder to /var/www/html

Make sure you are publishing your reports as files. and you should be able browse through the webpages without the requirement of user account.

--

Bhargav TS

June 15th, 2016 03:00

Bhargav,

Let me check and update you.

Regards,

Vish

June 16th, 2016 19:00

Bhargav,

We are using windows 2008 server  as DPA server.

Can  you please let me know how to achieve this request  over windows DPA server.

Regards,

Vish

June 17th, 2016 06:00

You can install IIS on your windows server and make your

< >/services/shared/report-results/scheduled/ as a virtual

directory.

Thanks,

Bhargav T S

Sent from Samsung Note

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:00 AM, vishwanath.krishnappa@anz.com <

7 Posts

June 25th, 2016 07:00

HI Bhargav,

Thank you. Is it possible to point to a html page where users can search for the backup client. As we want user to search any client status

No Events found!