Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 19th, 2016 12:00

Looking to create a multiple specific client success report

Hello,

I have been asked to create a report that shows specific individual clients backup successes. This would be a report for Avamar where a dept. specifies a list of VM's and they want to see if they were successfully backed up before updates are applied.

I have a few DPA reports setup already, but they are for all success/fails. I am not sure how to pick specific clients to create a report for.

Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction for this?

1.2K Posts

August 22nd, 2016 06:00

Sure - I do this all the time.  You can create a Smart Group that uses criteria (such as name, etc.) or a manually-created Group.  Since your user will specify the names of your VMs, I suggest making an ordinary group yourself.

Go to Inventory > Group Management.  Click on the Groups folder near the top of the screen. Click Create Group and enter a name for your new group.  Now that your group exists, you can populate it with clients.  Go to Configuration > Servers > EMC Avamar.  Expand your Avamar Utility Node > Avamar > Backup Domain and find the domain where your client lies.  You can either A) Use the Copy function to copy each client and paste it into your group (one-at-a-time) or B) if you can position windows juuuuuuuust right, you can drag and drop your clients onto your group folder.  Once your group is populated, you can run reports against it, and DPA will test each client individually for success/fail and other operations.

Note that you can also do this with Avamar Backup Groups, too.  Be sure to test your report thoroughly, because some reports don't quite process Avamar Backup Groups exactly the same as it would an Avamar Client.

Let us know if that helps!

21 Posts

August 31st, 2016 08:00

Awesome info Karl, thank you so much!

No Events found!