Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2011 04:00

Producing per node columns

I was wondering if there is a way I can achieve this; I want to produce a table of data backed up monthly by node; down the side there is the date (month); each column will then correspond to a selected node.

The data per row is produced fine by setting the interval type in the time section.  However, the columns that appear are server, noted (date/month), media usage.  The easiest thing would be if I could select the nodes I want and instead of the media usage column there would be a corresponding column per each node.  Is there a way this can be achieved?

If that cannot be configured I see the next possible solution being to create several report items which produce data for a particular time and change the header position to Left for those entries; however I would need to find a way of adding the time for the data - is there a way I can do this?

59 Posts

January 19th, 2011 07:00

Hi David

Does it have to be in tabular form ?   I yiou copy and modify the standard report named ' Backup Data Backed Up Weekly By Server' and modify the Times tab to set an interval of 30 days and then run the report over 6 months (or more), you should see a Bar Chart showing a Bar per month per Server.

If this is not what you are looking for, could you post a 'mock' table of what you need.

regards

-E

January 19th, 2011 08:00

Thanks Elvin, I know how to do that!  What I would like to do is have data in this form:

date server1 server2 server3 etc
jan 50 60 40
feb 55 34 35
mar 56 45 35
apr etc 60 55 45

I know I could output the data from a similar report to the one you gave and import it into a pivot table in Excel, but I was wondering if there was a way I could achieve this directly in DPA...

No Events found!