Highlighted
shorwitz
1 Nickel

Questions about adapting the Depublication Cost Savings report

Greetings everyone;

I am new to DPA report customizing. I am using 6.2SP1 and I have a question about modifying the Deduplication Cost Savings report in the RIO section. I want to schedule that report to be sent via email once a month, but it needs a cost/gb as an input parameter, which has to be typed in interactively. I made a custom copy of this report, but I don't see how to modify the copy to automatically provide the requested input parameter, which is cost/gb. I tried drilling down into the individual tables in the report and I see where cost/gb variable is referenced and that it has a null value, but when I type in the value I want to provide into that field then try to view the result, I still have to interactively provide that value, which of course, won't work with a scheduled email report.

Ideally, I also want to limit this report to the 20 most expensive clients to back up.

Any suggestions on how to do that?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Johnups
1 Copper

Re: Questions about adapting the Depublication Cost Savings report

Why is this not answered yet? I am interested in this type of report as well.

0 Kudos
JayTeeHB
1 Copper

Re: Questions about adapting the Depublication Cost Savings report

Have you tried substituting the User Input data source with the ReadCSVFile data source and supplying the 'Cost/GB for backups' in a CSV file located in the webroot?

Reference is made to the use of the ReadCSVFile datasource (in a slightly different context) in the DPA video covering DPA 6.2 SP1 New Features (Dated March31, 2015) at https://support.emc.com/products/829_Data-Protection-Advisor/HowToVideos/ (goto about 2mins 20 secs)

JT

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos