Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 6th, 2011 05:00

Reporting on subsequent Weekly failures

Afternoon all,

I want to report on subsequent weekly failures, similar to the 3 strikes report if possible, but over a weekend time period than a week or month.

Any ideas? I know how to do it for consecutive days, but not seperate time periods

Many Thanks

matt

25 Posts

May 17th, 2011 08:00

Hi

This is the answer I was able to get for you:

Unfortunately there is no way to do this in a single report that I am aware of. The 3 strike report works because it splits the report into 3 separate data sources based on discrete times. However there is no way to return the last 3 backups for each client and report on the status of them.

Another way you could potentially approach this is by modifying the standard analysis “Backup Failed More Than Twice In A Row” so that it alerts on clients that have failed more than twice in a row. They can assign this analysis to their TSM nodes and it will generate an alert when a client fails at least 3 times in a row. This won’t give them a single report with all the 3 strike clients on it but it will alert them about clients that meet this condition.

-

25 Posts

May 12th, 2011 19:00

Hi Matt,

Sorry for the delay, we've all been at EMC world or prepping for it.

Here's a response from one of our DPA gurus:

DPA does not understand the concept of weekdays and weekends so the only way to do this I believe would be to make the logic relative to a fixed point. i.e. so you would always have to run this report on a Monday at 00:00, for example.

Given that assumption that you can just change the existing strike report to be relative to 00:00 on Monday 

e.g 1 weekend ago would be start time is 2 days before the end of the time window and end time is end time of the window.

2 weekends ago would then be start time is 9 days before the end of the time window and end time is 7 days before.

3 weekends ago would then be start time is 16 days before the end of the time window and end time is 14 days before.

Thanks,

Brian

8 Posts

May 16th, 2011 02:00

Hi

What if you want a 3 strike report that covers any timeframe? It literally looks at the last 3 backup attempts whether it was Friday, Mon, Tue, or Weekly or monthly etc...

I could really do with a strike report that will look at the last (3) backups whenever they occurred in a selected window. Any ideas please? (this is for TSM).

12 Posts

May 16th, 2011 02:00

Ah, yes, That makes sense. I was struggling with the start and end windows, but if you always run the report at the same time, then it is all relative. Simple when someone explains it! I will go and try ths now!

No Events found!