Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2011 08:00

Saveset count per day

I am trying to create a report that will generate a bar chart that will show save set counts per day.  For example, I want the report that tells me how many C:\ savesets and E:\ savesets backed up on Monday, on Tuesday, on Wednesday and on Thursday.  I need help figuring out how to separate the totals as discrete totals per day as opposed to a summation of all the savesets over the requested time period.

37 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 13:00

On our sources, is there a "time limit" tab on which you can specify an interval like 24 hours or 1 day?

(This makes more sense on some sources than on others, and I don't recognize which backup software you're using, let alone which source.)

11 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 14:00

I am using the "Backup Save Set Details" source with NetWorker.  I have two sources, one for all save sets and one for save sets that contain ORA in the name.  My end goal is to have a day by day bar chart with two bars.  The first bar will be the total save sets for that 24 hour period.  The second bar will be the total save sets for that 24 hour period.

I took your suggestion.  Inside each of the "Backup Save Set Details" sources, I modified the settings in the Times tab:

Time Type: Period

Start Time Field: Default

Start Time: Start of Window

Start Time Param: 

End Time Field: Default

End Time: End of Window

End Time Param:

Interval Type: Fixed Interval

Interval Value: 24 hours.

When I run my report, and modify the report to use the Stacked Bar Chart, I end up with single bar and the totals for the entire period.

11 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 15:00

From your suggestion, I started experimenting with my Time periods and some other settings.  That's when I decided to change my Source to "Num Save Sets".  Using the "Num Save Sets" Source and a 24 hour time period, I was able to acheive the day by day grid that I was looking for.  Thanks for the suggestion that helped knock my cobwebs loose.

37 Posts

August 3rd, 2011 05:00

I'm glad to be able to help. As terse as the documentation is about writing custom reports, I figure my best resource is this community, and that only works if I do for others what I may need others to do for me.

No Events found!