Bdizzle1
2 Bronze

Re: Tracking Data Domain usage with Avamar and DPA?

Jump to solution

I looked in the install directory and did not see this. I'm currently on version number: 6.2.1.96071 Build Number: 327

This is the latest version correct?

0 Kudos
eagarg1
2 Iron

Jump to solution

You can download the Data Domain Processor tool from support.emc.com/products/829. Under the downloads section look for a section called "PRODUCT TOOL" and that will have the DD Processor tool for Windows and Linux.

0 Kudos
bedwards2
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Well, I've got the tool downloaded, and installed. Ran the scripts to get the data from the DD and export it to the DPA environment. But when I try to add the data domain analysis as the documentation says to the given DD, it just sits in a disabled state. Doesn't seem to be able to run. I'll have to poke at this some more.

0 Kudos
DavidRussell1
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Hi Brendan,

The Data Domain Analysis request is just a dummy request to enable the reports to show up on the menu. So it just needs to be assigned and will be set to Disabled, as it doesn't actually do anything.

So once you have run the scripts and you have the request assigned, you should be able to run the reports

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
shannen2
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi David,

When I run the report in question I don't get a list of clients I only get 1 "unknown" client.

Does this report only work against Agent based backups and not Image Level backups which are located under the vSphere server ?

Regards,

Shannen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AdiYogi
1 Copper

Jump to solution

the datadomain reports show empty for the report names you have given graphs and outputs here, any idea/clue?