Start a Conversation

Unsolved

34 Posts

November 15th, 2018 13:00

Data Protection Central 502 error - Unable to connect to the server. Please verify the server is available.

Hi,

I am trying to set up DPC for the first time.

I try to log into the webgui but I get this Error: Unable to connect to the server.  Please verify the server is available.  The URL reads https://FQDN/#/Auth/Login?error=502

I am able to ssh into it, and I am able to resolve the FQDN with DNS.  I get the same error using either the FQDN or IP in the address bar.  I am using Chrome to access it.

I configured NTP to be our internal NTP servers since Avamar, DD, and DPA all use our internal NTP servers for synchronization.

I am not sure what I am missing.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mike

18 Posts

November 29th, 2018 13:00

I have the same issue.  DPC version 18.1

November 29th, 2018 19:00

I am having this issue as well. Did you ever figure out the resolution?

Michael

34 Posts

November 30th, 2018 12:00

Hi,

I have not yet resolved this issue. I am opening a support case to try to get this resolved. If anyone finds the solution before me, please post it back here.

Thank you,

Mike Severson

Enterprise Backup/Archive Administrator | Information Technology

BLUE CROSS BLUE SHEILD OF NORTH DAKOTA, FARGO

(701)277-2145

Mike.Severson@BCBSND.com

Confidentiality Notice: This communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by replying to this e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of this e-mail message.

December 7th, 2018 07:00

I was able to resolve. The issue seemed to be hostname related, so I took a peak and noticed an IPv6 entry; checked out the IPv6 config and saw it was disabled. Enabled IPv6, rebooted and problem was resolved.

Michael

34 Posts

December 14th, 2018 08:00

Hi,

Could you give steps to fix this? Where did you enable IPv6? Does it matter that we don’t use IPv6 internally, or is it simply for the loopback?

Thank you,

Mike

Confidentiality Notice: This communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by replying to this e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of this e-mail message.

4 Posts

December 28th, 2018 07:00

look at this

GMO-DPC-01:/ # /usr/local/dpc/bin/dpc status

Version: 18.2.0-11

msm-ui-main: active

msm-monitor: active

msm-elg: failed

mongod: active

rabbitmq-server: active

nginx: active

dpc-sso: active

the service msm-elg said fail

chek if you have the same problem.

4 Posts

December 28th, 2018 07:00

Hi.

i have tha same proble If anyone finds the solution please post it back here.

DPC Version 18.1

Guillermo Melo

3 Posts

April 11th, 2019 13:00

Most of the time this error happens when there is incorrect DPC network settings. Here are the troubleshooting tips for finding and resolving those issues

1. DNS entries are missing

DPC is only configured with a static ip-address (not with DHCP). Make sure the ip-address and hostname can be resolved with the DNS server. Run 'nslookup' command on DPC to verify if DNS entries are available or not. For example, if DPC hostname is dpc.dell.com with ip as 10.10.10.10, then run below commands to check with DNS server (assume it's a 10.10.10.5) entries are available or not. If not available, add the DNS entries in DNS server.

nslookup dpc.dell.com 10.10.10.5

As per our example, it resolves to ip-address as 10.10.10.10

nslookup 10.10.10.10 10.10.10.5

As per our example, it resolves to hostname as dpc.dell.com

2. DNS server(s) details are missing

check if DNS server(s) details are available or not, by running below commands

cat /etc/resolv.conf 

If search and nameserver entries are missing, then run below command to add those entries

yast2

Navigate to Systems -> Network Settings -> Hostname/DNS

add DNS Name servers and Domain search value

3. hostname -f

If the the 'hostname -f' command doesn't resolve to fully qualified hostname, then its a network settings issue.

Run yast2 command (as described above) to make sure you have right network settings like ip-address, hostname, default gateway and DNS entries. 

Once any of the settings are updated, reboot DPC to reflect those network settings changes to DPC services. 

I hope this is helpful

1 Message

May 20th, 2019 13:00

did you ever get a resolution to this?

1 Message

November 16th, 2020 03:00

Hi!

If you have this problem check as root user /usr/local/dpc/bin/dpc status

May be you have msm-elg: failed

So, its a problem with your UI admin password

Delete this virtual machine and cret fresh instal with password looks like this one R5***M#Hv

Replease start with 3 small letters. Its a very good mask for this stupid password i spend a lot of time before installed it.

No Events found!