Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

132 Posts

September 19th, 2019 06:00

Having both the DB app (DDBEA for Oracle) and Avamar on the same DB server, for backing up different respective databases

Customer has an Oracle server that is currently backing up some databases with Avamar (client initiated RMAN scripts). They are interested in using the DB app (DDBEA for Oracle) to back them up instead.

Ideally, they would like to test the DB app (DDBEA for Oracle) on a couple of databases before attempting to switch their production database backups over from Avamar.

Question - is it possible for the Avamar agent and the DB app (DDBEA for Oracle) binaries to "co-exist" on the same client server? Can some of the Oracle databases be backed up via Avamar while others get backed up with the DB app (DDBEA for Oracle)?

I would certainly be making sure that both methods were not running at the same time when we tested them - but am also curious whether it would be possible for them to run concurrently.

All comments/feedback appreciated.

Cal Connolly

1 Message

December 1st, 2019 23:00

For the best cloud and protection service provider is the oracle, oracle provides the best storage and network in globally Oracle DBA managed the best data storage system Oracle DB is the largest DataBase management through globally  I always follow oracle Facebook page for updated myself. 

No Events found!