fredbell
Copper

Windows 10 upgrade

Jump to solution

Working on upgrading to Windows 10.  I understand that I need to unencrypt all of my files before doing the upgrade.  Simple question - procedures to unencrypt everything?

Only thing I found in the Help was something about applying a new template, but the closest template descriptions seemed to be Encryption Disabled and its description appears to apply only to new files.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Dell

RE: Windows 10 upgrade

Jump to solution

Hi,

no need to decrypt everything. Just go through the steps reported under the 8.9.1 technical advisories at page 62 using WSProbe: downloads.dell.com/.../dell-data-protection-encryption_user's guide7_en-us.pdf

Let me know if this does not make sense?

Thanks,
Andrea

fredbell
Copper

Jump to solution

I’m on DDPE version 8.5.1.6929. Does the Enterprise version writeup you referenced also apply to my version?

0 Kudos
fredbell
Copper

Jump to solution

Also, this will be an upgrade from Win 8.1 to 10.  The page 62 procedures appear to be for those already on Win 10, and doing the fall 2015 upgrade within Win 10.  Still applicable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Please also reference the knowledge base article here - http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN298382

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Fredbell,

Sadly this process is only available on 8.9.1 and newer. The link that Vijaya posted will take you to a more in-depth how-to regarding the update process. 

This process does support Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 RTM to the latest Windows 10 packages (currently Threshold 2, aka build 1511)

Dale

L4 Support

Dell Data Security

Need Immediate help? Please call DDP |E Support @ +1.877.459.7304 Ext. 4310039

0 Kudos