Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2014 12:00

Dell Client PowerShell Provider Beta now available

Give the PowerShell Beta a try and post your questions here.

1 Message

May 15th, 2014 10:00

Is there a download link somewhere?

31 Posts

June 27th, 2014 06:00

How to setup the Dell Client PowerShell Provider, for further instructions click here.

December 16th, 2014 14:00

it's taken all morning but I finally got the DellBIOSProvider-installer script to work.  I think.  There doesn't seem to be a way to check that all is well.   I had to uncomment the line 58 to get it to work.  

When I place the line "import-module "C:\Program Files\Dell\PowerShell\Modules\DellBIOSProvider\DellBIOSProvider.dll" -Verbose " into the profile.ps1 script I get the following when I open a powershell session.   I get the following.

Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

VERBOSE: Loading module from path 'C:\Program Files\Dell\PowerShell\Modules\DellBIOSProvider\DellBIOSProvider.dll'.

VERBOSE: Starting PS provider DellSmbiosprov

VERBOSE: .NET Version: 4.0.30319.34014

VERBOSE: Performing InitializeDefaultDrives operation on the 'DellSmbiosprov'provider.

VERBOSE: Performaing operation New-PSDrive for the provider DellSmbiosprov.

FALIURE:drive DellSmbios: could not be created.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

What is going wrong?

1.1K Posts

December 18th, 2014 08:00

It could be a number of things.

Is the HAPI driver installed? 

has the module already been imported? 

You can force the import if needed by adding the -force switch.

December 23rd, 2014 07:00

Scrool down to where it says that on the right.

2 Posts

January 12th, 2015 06:00

I have been trying to configure DellsmBIOS:\PowerManagement\AutoOnTime and I noticed that the only options that may be changed are the days of the week (Everyday, Weekdays, Select Days), but there doesn't appear to be a way to set the time of day. Could we get some documentation or clarification on this one? Thanks in advance.

January 12th, 2015 22:00

Hi UAAH, 

Sorry, Current Beta version doesn't support the operation of custom attributes. the next version of Dell Client PowerShell Provider may have this features supported.

2 Posts

January 13th, 2015 05:00

Karthik,

Great. Thanks for the clarification. Glad you guys are making these it will be helpful for my organization moving forward.

2 Posts

February 5th, 2015 04:00

Quick question: I've been able to enable the AutoOnTime seting on a Venue 11 to Weekdays, but how do you also configure the associated time of day that I want it to wake?

February 5th, 2015 04:00

Hi MATF, 

Sorry, Set operation of time parameters are not supported in current build since those are custom attributes.

thanks for choosing Dell. 

February 13th, 2015 15:00

Does the Beta Version work under power shell version 4 I have been getting errors when it tries to create the Drive running the provider-installer saying it could not create the drive

February 16th, 2015 01:00

Hi DAVE-BESD,

Yes, it works on Version 4.0 also. Can you please check the Install Instruction text file and let us know your steps if you are still facing the problem in importing. 

Install Instructions text file will be present in the DellCommandPowerShellProvider.zipx file. 

February 17th, 2015 09:00

I figured out the problem if you load powershell x86 on a 64bit system and try and load the module it will fail with the following error: 

Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program
Files\Dell\PowerShell\Modules\DellBIOSProvider\DellBIOSProvider.dll' or one of its dependencies.
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.At C:\Program
Files\Dell\PowerShell\Modules\DellBIOSProvider\DellBIOSProvider-installer.ps1:65 char:2
+ import-module .\DellBIOSProvider.psd1 -Verbose
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Import-Module], BadImageFormatException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.BadImageFormatException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.Impor
tModuleCommand

Set-Location : Cannot find drive. A drive with the name 'DellSmbios' does not exist.At
C:\Program Files\Dell\PowerShell\Modules\DellBIOSProvider\DellBIOSProvider-installer.ps1:67
char:2
+ cd DellSmbios:
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (DellSmbios:String) [Set-Location], DriveNotFoundE
xception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DriveNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCommand

solution is to load the full 64bit bit version of powershell on 64bit systems 

1 Message

March 25th, 2015 08:00

Hello Karthik,

I'm looking to implement PS Provider with my company.  Is Dell Client PS Provider compatible with all Dell Precision, Latitude, Optiplex, and Venue desktops/laptops?  I guess what I really would like to know is if there's a Dell machine that cannot run PS Provider?

Thanks!

No Events found!