matF
1 Copper

RE: Dell Client PowerShell Provider Beta now available

Quick question: I've been able to enable the AutoOnTime seting on a Venue 11 to Weekdays, but how do you also configure the associated time of day that I want it to wake?

0 Kudos

Hi MATF, 

Sorry, Set operation of time parameters are not supported in current build since those are custom attributes.

thanks for choosing Dell. 

0 Kudos
Dave-BESD
1 Copper

Does the Beta Version work under power shell version 4 I have been getting errors when it tries to create the Drive running the provider-installer saying it could not create the drive

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi DAVE-BESD,

Yes, it works on Version 4.0 also. Can you please check the Install Instruction text file and let us know your steps if you are still facing the problem in importing. 

Install Instructions text file will be present in the DellCommandPowerShellProvider.zipx file. 

0 Kudos
Dave-BESD
1 Copper

I figured out the problem if you load powershell x86 on a 64bit system and try and load the module it will fail with the following error: 

Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program
Files\Dell\PowerShell\Modules\DellBIOSProvider\DellBIOSProvider.dll' or one of its dependencies.
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.At C:\Program
Files\Dell\PowerShell\Modules\DellBIOSProvider\DellBIOSProvider-installer.ps1:65 char:2
+ import-module .\DellBIOSProvider.psd1 -Verbose
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (Smiley Happy [Import-Module], BadImageFormatException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.BadImageFormatException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.Impor
tModuleCommand

Set-Location : Cannot find drive. A drive with the name 'DellSmbios' does not exist.At
C:\Program Files\Dell\PowerShell\Modules\DellBIOSProvider\DellBIOSProvider-installer.ps1:67
char:2
+ cd DellSmbios:
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (DellSmbiosSmiley Frustratedtring) [Set-Location], DriveNotFoundE
xception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DriveNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCommand

solution is to load the full 64bit bit version of powershell on 64bit systems 

0 Kudos
queens76dc
1 Copper

Hello Karthik,

I'm looking to implement PS Provider with my company.  Is Dell Client PS Provider compatible with all Dell Precision, Latitude, Optiplex, and Venue desktops/laptops?  I guess what I really would like to know is if there's a Dell machine that cannot run PS Provider?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi QUEENS76DC, 

Thanks for writing to us. 

Dell PS Provider is supported on all Dell Biz-Client Systems ( Dell Precision, Latitude, Optiplex and Venue) same like the supported systems of Dell Command | Monitor and Dell Command | Configure.

We are constantly working on adding more features in our Dell PS Provider, so please go ahead on your implementation and do write us if you have any queries. 

Please refer the released Dell PS Provider feature support link here

Thanks

Karthik.C

Tags (2)
0 Kudos