Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2016 10:00

DDP| Encryption Enterprise Edition annoying popups

Several months ago we started using DDP|E Enterprise Edition on our corporate laptops and since that time I receive a lot of complains from users about annoying orange popups telling them that DDP|E is waiting on file and asking if they want to cancel encryption. It's not only annoying but also interrupts typing. How those popups can be disabled? Should it be done via DDP|E server console or I can just change registry settings with GPO on affected laptops?

June 10th, 2016 08:00

Hi V1adimir,

I have forwarded your question on to the team responsibile for the Encryption product.  Their forum can be found here:  en.community.dell.com/.../f

156 Posts

June 13th, 2016 07:00

Hi, V1adimir!

as Craig mentioned, we do have a community built solely around DDP at the site he mentioned.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/security/

In regards to your question, this pop-up is configurable through policy. it is commonly referred to as our "File Contention Notification", and can easily be suppressed. We have a KB article, that is in process of being updated to support our new 9.2+ HMTL 5 console. It currently contains the information you need to get this suppressed :)

www.dell.com/.../SLN296494

I hope that helps!

No Events found!