Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

3 Posts

October 28th, 2018 13:00

Dell Encryption Personal and Acronis True Image

I back-up my encrypted fixed disk regularly to a removable USB drive using Acronis True Image. The removable drive is encrypted by Dell EMS. When I restore a file to another, unprotected computer, I get the Dell EMS log-in dialog box as expected, enter the password, access the backup and restore the desired file as expected.

The restored file, however, is still in its original state protected by common key encryption and I am unable to open it on that other, unprotected computer. It is apparent that files are not being decrypted and saved in an unencrypted state by Acronis True Image (or, technically I suppose, re-encrypted by Dell EMS) during the backup process.

Can I configure Dell Encryption Personal to decrypt during the backup process and save the data in an unencrypted state? My backup is still protected because the destination backup drive is protected by Dell EMS.

I do note that if I simply use Windows Explorer to copy that same file from my encrypted fixed disk to the encrypted removable drive, and then copy it to the unprotected computer it arrives decrypted.

No Responses!
No Events found!