Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AP

December 1st, 2017 02:00

EMS - blocked access?

Hello
I'd like to ask why some users might encounter "blocked access" on one of their disks?

There is DDP Agent 8.15 on that machine. How can I troubleshoot that? There seems to be no GPO affecting USB drives.

Thanks in advance

Alex

• 

145 Posts

December 4th, 2017 12:00

Hey Alex,

That is very interesting.  Can you recreate this issue again and go to your C:\ProgramData\Dell\Dell Data Protection\Encryption\EMS\EmsService.log file.  Towards the bottom of the file we should get information about our EMS service mounting the removable media and we can review it.  

There should be minimal identifying information in the log snip we grab but be sure to give it a once over before posting it on the forum.  If you don't feel comfortable posting it publicly I totally understand, you can add me as a friend on the forums once you have the logs ready and send me a private message for with them for review.

Thanks!

December 5th, 2017 02:00

I have some trace logs available. since the .CMG files are not easily decryptable I'm comfortable attaching them here as Onedrive link. Let me know once downloaded so I can redact the URL
falck1-my.sharepoint.com/.../EVlZLJHn6C9PmojZPpzJkbYB-pX2Ko1zOJKjbC77qFSZBA

• 

145 Posts

December 5th, 2017 05:00

I have the package downloaded and extracted successfully.  

• 

145 Posts

December 7th, 2017 11:00

Hey Alex,

The machine this drive is being plugged into is it the original machine that setup the protection by chance?  If not is it possible to plug it into the machine that protected it?  The logs indicate there is a problem with the cached protection data on the drive and if we can plug it back into the original machine it should fix itself.

If the machine it's being plugged into is the original machine that protected the drive let me know and I will reach out to our engineering team to get their thoughts on the error I am seeing.

No Events found!