Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 2nd, 2017 17:00

HELP I'M VULNERABLE TO THIS INTEL MANAGEMENT ENGINE SECURITY EXPLOIT

I found a video from thiojoe saying my cpu is spying on me so I used the detection tool and this was the results:

My PC's warranty has just expired and I cannot find any patch to download from the drivers website, I just don't want anything to go wrong with my device and it's running the latest update of windows 10.

Please can anyone help me.

Many Thanks. 

• 

145 Posts

December 4th, 2017 07:00

Hello there!

Dell has posted a KB article with the machines affected and when expected Firmware\BIOS fixes will become available.  The link below will take you to that article.  Once an update is available the affected PC will contain a link to the download page for the fix.

www.dell.com/.../dell-client-statement-on-intel-me-txe-advisory--intel-sa-00086-

47 Posts

December 4th, 2017 08:00

Thanks for the article, I checked for my model and says TBD. What does this mean?

• 

145 Posts

TBD is short for To Be Determined.  

I checked our internal article to see if there was any more information I could provide but the internal article is the same as the external one.  The article was created today so hopefully as the week progresses we will be able to have firmer dates on the items listed as TBD.

47 Posts

Ok thank you, how will I know if there's a download link available. Will I get a notification or do I have to check the article manually?

• 

145 Posts

December 4th, 2017 09:00

I believe the Dell SupportAssist app should notify you when there is driver\BIOS updates available for your system.  You can download \ install from the link below.

www.dell.com/.../support-center

You can continue to check the original article periodically and when the update is available for your machine there should be a blue hyperlink to download the update for your 7459.

• 

145 Posts

December 7th, 2017 12:00

Hello Again,

It looks like the upgraded BIOS for your 7459 should be available tomorrow.

www.dell.com/.../dell-client-statement-on-intel-me-txe-advisory--intel-sa-00086-

3 Posts

December 8th, 2017 08:00

Hi there

I have a latitude E6520 that is not listed in the article and running the tool advises my system is vulnerable. Is there a firmware update for this?

Also we have a number of servers that are not listed in the server advisory: www.dell.com/.../dell-poweredge-server-statement-on-intel-me---txe-advisory--intel-sa-00086-

Servers:

Poweredge R510, R210, R710 R2950, R200, T710 and 2900

Does that mean any that are not listed that are older models such as the following are not affected by this or that Dell simply has not produced a valid firmware update? If not when are they likely to do so?

Thanks

3 Posts

January 18th, 2018 12:00

sempre vejo as dicas aqui do site e queria saber como faço para restaurar meu notebook dell i7 desde já agradeço a atenção.

como acabar com estrias

No Events found!