Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

November 8th, 2018 00:00

How i can uninstall data protection encryption to upgrde w10

Please i can to unistall the dell data protection encryption to upgrade windows 10.

i need the steps to do it.

with many thanks

156 Posts

November 8th, 2018 06:00

Hi Rashad_A,

Upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 no longer requires an uninstall of the Dell Encryption client if it is being actively used on the device. We have various methods for the Windows 10 Upgrade process documented here:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln298382

If you are running an older version of Dell Encryption, it is possible to upgrade to the latest version in-place without issue. The latest version of Dell Encryption can be found at:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/dell-data-protection-encryption/drivers

If you are not leveraging the product, and wish to uninstall Dell Encryption, you can uninstall with our Data Security Uninstaller based on the methods here:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln307791

The Data Security Uninstaller is typically found within C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell Data Protection\, and is installed with newer versions of Dell Encryption. If you do not have this application on your system, let me know, and I can DM you a link to the application :)

26 Posts

December 20th, 2018 18:00

Please send me the uninstaller link.

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2019 06:00

Hello, I have the same issue, no uninstaller for Dell Data Security. Could I get a link to the uninstaller?

156 Posts

February 4th, 2019 06:00

Hi All!

the Data Security Uninstaller is included within the Dell Encryption installer (DDSSetup), and the Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise installer (DDPSuite). Once installed, the application will be located by default in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Data Protection\DataSecurityUninstaller.exe"

If this is not present, you can reach out to Dell Data Security support at any time, and they can help provide the latest version. 

I've sent the latest version at the time of posting via DMs to those in this chain.

2 Posts

February 5th, 2019 14:00

Thank you!!

1 Message

February 11th, 2019 22:00

Hi,

I have the same problem:  try to uninstall version 8.12. of the Data Protection Suite but failed massively after manual try with a system that stopped booting. Did a System Restore but unfortunately Data Protection is there and now I have very strange USB fileaccess errors since some days. Want to get rid of the Data Protection but uninstaller is not available on the location mentioned in diverse articles or here in the thread...

Could you provide the link please ?

Best regards,

Michael

156 Posts

February 12th, 2019 05:00

@Mike_b4 

This was just sent over to you via Direct Message. Let me know if you run into any issues with it.

Due to the volume of requests, we are working on a method of bundling the Data Security Uninstaller separately. 

1 Message

March 30th, 2019 23:00

I am experiencing a similar issue but the uninstaller exe is not present, even after trying the above suggestions.  Could I also be sent the file as well?

Thanks!

156 Posts

April 1st, 2019 05:00

@knudsonk went via Direct Message (DM) :) 

April 22nd, 2019 21:00

Please send me the uninstaller link.

April 23rd, 2019 06:00

Dale,

I'm experiencing the same issue: uninstaller isn't located where it should be. Can you PM me the uninstaller as well?

Thank You,

Erik

156 Posts

April 23rd, 2019 12:00

Completed :)

I am working with our release management team to have this product placed on support.dell.com in the coming releases. Once we have it posted externally, I will share the link here. 

156 Posts

May 7th, 2019 04:00

Hi Loriradi,

It seems you do not have Private Messages enabled. Could you reach out to me via Private Message so i can deliver the current version of this?

I am working with the teams to have this product available online to avoid having to share this individually. 

1 Message

May 7th, 2019 04:00

can you please send me the link to uninstall data protection

2 Posts

May 10th, 2019 15:00

Hello,

Can you DM me the clean up too as well? I cannot upgrade to Windows 10 because of this program. I cannot uninstall via Programs and Features.

No Events found!