Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2017 06:00

Recover files protected by DDP

Help.  My PC crashed following a Windows update.  Skip to the end had to re-install Windows from scratch.

Had plenty of disk space so re-installed to the existing partition, thus keeping all old files in windows.old

So I can find my old files in windows.old/users/as/....   documents but I can't open them.  I know the password I used when encripted, but I'm lost on how I can open them now. 

To be honest I prefer not to use DDP anymore.

Any assistance VERY welcome.

4 Posts

March 28th, 2017 08:00

Would just like to add that we are currently facing the same issue, Windows update corrupted on 5 systems over the space of three days, resulting in fresh installs of the OS.

can access the drives from a dock but cannot recover the files, even when logged in as the user who owns them,

Is there anyway to recover these files or is all hope lost ?

• 

145 Posts

March 30th, 2017 08:00

Hi cmsink and RyanIG,

The recovery process detailed in the below guide section two recovers the process it sounds like you should go through for the FFE recovery.

downloads.dell.com/.../dell-data-protection-security-tools_administrator guide8_en-us.pdf

If you get hung up or want confirmation on the process you can call out to our 24/7 dedicated support team at 877-459-7304 ext. 4310039.

Thanks!

Dell-SteveO

No Events found!