Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 3rd, 2019 03:00

3.1 Email Alerts

Hello,

I installed the OVF yesterday and setup OME 3.1.

If I create a custom report, then click on run and email, I get receive the email with the attachment, brilliant I know SMTP is working.

I then went and pulled one of the power cables from a server to generate an alert.  Sure enough on the dashboard I can see "Critical: 1" however I am NOT receiving an email for the alert.

In alert policies, I have Email checked and correct email settings, but still not receiving the email.

I have deleted the email alert and re-created but it is still not sending an email

5 Posts

July 5th, 2019 16:00

@danoid

It is possible that the notification that you see on the dashboard is an internal alert generated by OMEnterprise, when it sees that one of the servers cannot be reached. 

Can you try choosing the "Application" category / "System Health" subcategory in addition to other categories you have selected and see if you are able to get the email?

#iwork4dell

6 Posts

July 3rd, 2019 08:00

I just deleted that 3.1 instance and downloaded 3.2 and set up again.  Email alerts are still not being sent.

This worked fine in essentials :( 

July 3rd, 2019 19:00

@danoid 

Could you please let us know if you are having the issue on 3.2 or 3.1 instance

Thanks,

Anil Kumar V K R

Dell EMC

#iworkforDell

6 Posts

July 4th, 2019 01:00

Hi, I'm now using 3.2 and same issue as 3.1.

For the email alert policy categroy I'm selecting iDRAC, selected all my groups, date and time every day is selected, severity is all, actions email is selected.

so I go pull the power cable out, which then OME recongises a few minutes later, but then no email to say about the alert.

If i go to reports and select run and email, I get an email, which uses the same settings as the alert policy

also idrac versions are up to date

July 4th, 2019 06:00

@danoid 

Could you please let us know if you have upgraded the appliance from 3.1 to 3.2 or is it a fresh appliance

if Upgraded can you please create a new alert policy by setting up the trap destination on the target machine and see if you are able to receive the emails when an alert gets generated from the target machine. 

Thanks,

Anil Kumar V K R 

Dell EMC

#iworkforDell

6 Posts

July 4th, 2019 08:00

Hi, this is a fresh installation

July 4th, 2019 19:00

@danoid 

Can you please let us know if you are receiving the alerts when a power cable is removed from the target machine.

Thanks,

Anil Kumar V K R 

Dell EMC

#iworkforDell

6 Posts

July 4th, 2019 23:00

I'm seeing the alert on the dashboard, but not receiving an email alert.  This is the problem!

6 Posts

July 8th, 2019 05:00

Hi, that has sorted the email alerts now.

I was thinking just selecting iDRAC would suffice, but glad it's working now.

Thanks

1 Message

September 25th, 2020 10:00

I am having the issues. What did you do to correct the problem. 

No Events found!