Start a Conversation

Unsolved

CA

3 Posts

August 15th, 2018 08:00

Adding firmware catalog

I am trying to add a firmware catalog in OMEnt using an internal NFS share.  The process starts and progresses up to 77% and then fails with the following message.

Error occurred while downloading catalog

Job execution details:
Running
Repository creation failed. Please provide valid credentials and/or repository path.
Task Failed. Execution has completed

How can I see what is going on in the background to see at what point it is having issues?

1K Posts

August 16th, 2018 05:00

Hi,

Could you please let us know this compliance task is running against how many servers?

3 Posts

August 16th, 2018 10:00

Right now we have 6 added to the device list, but more coming along soon.  I had hoped to have the catalog added so that I can use it to update firmware as I deploy servers.

2.8K Posts

August 17th, 2018 13:00

Do you have any proxy info defined in the Application Settings area of the OMEnt console?

We may need a support ticket to take a closer look at why this catalog download is failing.

Thanks,

Rob

--

I'll put the phone number here, but I need to enter it in a goofy format since this forum software strips out a lot of numbers.

8-0-0-9-4-5-3-3-5-5

3 Posts

August 27th, 2018 07:00

I do have proxy settings defined.  I originally tried downloading the catalog from Dell.com, but when that failed I tried to use a catalog stored internally.

September 7th, 2018 15:00

I am having the same issue here. I've tried fresh install, cloning an existing(working OME) install, but this one will just not function. The logging is fairly poor, so I'm unsure of how to proceed with it.

October 3rd, 2018 02:00

I am getting the exact same issue, I found this worked perfectly on the previous version of OME but is now failing. Also discovered that when trying to deploy firmware to blades on the old OME, there was a port 892 required but this was never mentioned in the documentation. Had to run firewall traces to get this information. I have opened a support case about this, the funny thing is that I can download catalogs on another instance of Dell OME at a different site using the OVF template. It is using the exact same proxy info but on another site (that was working on the previous OME version) it is failing now all of a sudden after the upgrade. Same issue at 77%.
No Events found!