Unsolved

DA

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

November 11th, 2019 11:00

Announcement: OpenManage Enterprise 3.3.1 is available

Hello OpenManage Enterprise Users,

OpenManage Enterprise 3.3.1 is available for online upgrade.

Who will see the 3.3.1 update notification in the console?

OpenManage Enterprise users with versions 3.1, 3.2, 3.2.1 and 3.3.0 (please ensure update settings is set to automatic and online).

New in this release

3.3.1 fixes the online catalog and firmware updates download issue observed in the 3.3.0 appliance not using the proxy.

It carries all the enhancements listed below which were part of 3.3.0 release:

New in 3.3.0/3.3.1

• Support for multi-homing with the ability to work with multiple-segmented networks
  • New Secure API to collect device warranty
  • Support for YX5X servers 
  • Discovery and monitoring of OS-10 network switches MX5108N and MX9116N

Enhancements:

• Enhanced security with Immediate logout of users when user privileges are changed
  • Better alert policy execution with enhancement to the alert categories and the ability to add time intervals to alert policies
  • Vendor-specific attributes are grouped and displayed with their FQDD component
  • Enhanced UI sorting with IO Pool usage grid
  • Enhanced configuration inventory workflow with the ability to gather configuration inventory at the time of baseline creation and updation
  • Enhanced upgrade method for future console upgrade
  • Enhanced device-grid sorting for IP addresses
  • Context-sensitive help for all the OpenManage Enterprise portal pages

What if I have questions?

Dell provides several online and telephone-based support and service options. Availability varies by country and product, and some services may not be available in your area. To contact Dell for sales, technical support, or customer service issues:

• Visit www.dell.com/support.
  • Select your support category.
  • Verify your country or region in the Choose a Country/Region drop-down list at the bottom of page.
  • Select the appropriate service or support link based on your need.

Regards

Abhijit

#IWork4Dell

98 Posts

December 4th, 2019 20:00

I don't know about others, but I have v 3.2.1 OM Ent (VMware appliance), with updates set to auto and online.  I just refreshed the system and it said no updates were available.

Not sure about why I'm not seeing the update.

Thanks in advance.

7 Posts

December 5th, 2019 02:00

I was running 3.3.0 (the version with online download problem) and I did not see the update in the GUI as well.

I thought is was because of the 3.3.0 version, so I downloaded the minimal update 3.3.1, put them on a http-server and pointed the VM-appliance to that http-server, noticed that OME discovered an update and then upgraded.

A bit of extra work but since my OME did not work and probably never would get the update (since it could not update online) I did the above.

/Mats

60 Posts

December 5th, 2019 03:00

I had the same issue yesterday, I've a v3.3.0 OME instance, I noticed that v3.3.1 was avalible yesterday however my instance wouldn't discover it? I then noticed that the lexington xml file still had references to v3.2.1, then v3.3.1 directory was removed from the webpage before my eyes and didnt come back for a while... 

Noticed its all back this morning.. anyone tried updating from v3.2.1 or v3.3.0 to v3.3.1 yet?

7 Posts

December 5th, 2019 04:00

I downloaded the Lexington files and the minimal 3.3.1 file yesterday (seems to be there when I check) and the Lexington.xml contains 3.3.1.

http://downloads.dell.com/openmanage_enterprise/

I am downloading from Sweden / EMEA and they seems to be the latest ones.

But My 3.3.0 did not discover the update online, so I downloaded these 3 files, put them on a web-server internally, pointed my OME to that webserver and the upgrade went as expected.

I am on 3.3.1 build 12 today and it´s working just fine.

Thanks

Mats

2 Posts

December 5th, 2019 09:00

Here is a solution that worked for me:

in OME go to Application Settings > Console and Extensions > Update Settings

Change "Where to check for updates" to "Offline"

and in "Local Path" enter "http://downloads.dell.com/openmanage_enterprise/"

After that click Apply and click Yes

and now you can update OME to 3.3.1.12

1 Message

December 9th, 2019 05:00

Installed the update this morning.  Now my Dell OME VM is in a crash and reboot loop.

Good job Dell!

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

December 10th, 2019 06:00

Hi,

The appliance reboots couple of times as part of upgrade process. If the update is not successful, you can open a support ticket to investigate further. 

Regards

Abhijit

#iWork4Dell

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

December 14th, 2019 06:00

I just updated some of my OMEnt installs to the 3.3.1 version and now I can't log into any of them.  Does upgrading reset the Admin password to something or do I need to set it again via the console?  Just not sure if something went wrong or if this is the intended behavior.

UPDATE: Nevermind.  Looks like the update might have still been running even though it had taken back to the logon page.  I tried again now and it let me in OK.

No Events found!