Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 12th, 2020 06:00

Configuration Compliance question

Hello

we are just starting to use Configuration Compliance templates on a number of servers we have.  however can some one tell me how to recheck a server once a template has been applied to see if any changes have occurred?

i have manualy changed a number of BIOS settings on one of the servers to see if and when Open mange flags up the issue but at the moment it is saying the server is fine.

thanks in advance

13 Posts

February 14th, 2020 02:00

HI Josh

thanks for the reply, however no matter what report i run it still dose not start a re-check.  however i have seen that at midnight each night a re-check is started but this is hit and miss.  i have also refreshed the inventory, the status as well as on-boarding but again fails to pick up any changes i have made.

i have been looking through the user manuals but i can't find anything on how often communication/heartbeats between the OME appliance and discovered servers is initiated

thanks 

13 Posts

February 14th, 2020 03:00

Hi Josh

found the answer if i run an inventory from the option in the top right hand corner, with configuration inventory check box ticked, then it scans and checks the service.

thank you

• 

8.5K Posts

February 12th, 2020 10:00

Hi,

You should be able to run a report. Page 96 https://dell.to/2OPjkAc

124 Posts

August 25th, 2020 03:00

It still does not seem to be possible to just rerun configuration inventory for one specific item, unless I create a group containing only that item in order to be able to select it from the "Run inventory" dialog?

• 

2.1K Posts

August 25th, 2020 05:00

Hello,

Could you check OME 3.4 user guide for creating reports here, please? https://dell.to/3aRN4q4;

Let us know if it helps.

124 Posts

August 25th, 2020 06:00

As we have established before, this is not about reports.

• 

2.1K Posts

August 25th, 2020 06:00

Hi,  Which OME version do you use? Is it up to date latest version which is OME 3.4.1? 

Could you try this steps for OME 3.4 ;

Export the single device inventory

You can export inventory data of only one device at a time to only the .csv format.
  1. In the left pane, select the device group. A list of devices in the group is displayed in the Devices list.
    A Donut chart indicates the device status in the working pane. See  Donut chart. A table lists the properties of devices selected. See  Device list.
  2. In the devices list, select the check box corresponding to the device, and then click Export Inventory.
  3. In the Save As dialog box, save to a known location.
    NOTE: When exported to .csv format, some of the data displayed on the GUI is not enumerated with a descriptive string.

via refer link https://dell.to/3laIwQe

124 Posts

August 25th, 2020 07:00

As we have established before, it is also not about exporting data.

It is about refreshing configuration inventory for a selected number of hosts such that configuration compliance for reconfigured items can be inspected instantaneously without having to wait for the next day.

What part of the discussion makes you write about reporting and exporting?

• 

2.1K Posts

August 26th, 2020 00:00

Sorry for the misunderstanding. As you mentioned, I was unable to rerun the configuration inventory for a specific item.

124 Posts

August 26th, 2020 03:00

BTW a possibility to run the configuration inventory for /all/ hosts is at Monitor > Jobs.

Under "Advanced Filters" Select "Source" = "All" (or "System Generated").

Then find the fixed "Configuration Inventory" job which usually runs at 02:00AM.

Click "View Details", and then "Restart Job".

It will export the Server Configuration Profile from EVERY host registered to OME and repopulate the entries in OME. You will not be able to choose a single host.

To do it for a single host, create a Static Group in the "Devices" tab. Then under "Quick Links" in the Devices tab, click "Run Inventory" and choose the previously created group, and do not forget to select "Connect configuration inventory" under "Additional options".

I just wish the device overview page had a button that would allow to refresh the configuration inventory for that particular device. *sigh* But that would be too easy I guess. I'm always wondering how and why these things are missed during design. Later they become "enhancement requests" i.e. they will never be implemented.

No Events found!