Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

March 6th, 2018 08:00

Depoying OVF on vSphere 6.5

Anyone having any network issues after deploying the OVF on 6.5 environment?  I get the OVF deployed, but the network connection goes up and down and then quits.  I have deployed other OVFs on this environment before with no issues.  I do see the following error when I reboot the appliance.

Error in creating LogConnectionFactory for log4jjava.io.FileNotFoundException:  /opt/dell/omc/utilities/tui/lib/logjbdc.porperties (No such file or directory)

• 

8.5K Posts

March 6th, 2018 10:00

Hi,

Can you private message me the service tag, so I can get some additional information?

Which OVF are you installing? Did you reboot the host after the install?

2.8K Posts

March 7th, 2018 11:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

Are you able to use OMEnt at all before the network goes down?  That is have you discovered your iDRACS, etc., and then after a while it becomes unresponsive?

Once it becomes unresponsive, does a reboot help?

Thanks!

Rob

March 7th, 2018 11:00

I have not been able to us it. I did follow this manual

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_software/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt/dell-openmanage-enterprise-tech-release_white-papers1_en-us.pdf

I can't get the web GUI.  I did some searching on flapping network connectivity on VMs and found that if Beacon probing was enabled, it could cause the issue.  However, our team failover for our NICs are not set to that.

2.8K Posts

March 7th, 2018 13:00

Ok, nothing stands out.

After you deploy you have to go to the TUI and accept the EULA and add a password.  This is the text user interface, not the GUI part.  We might need a support ticket to dig into this more.

Thanks,

Rob

--

I'll put the support phone number here, but I need to enter it in a goofy format since this forum software strips out a lot of numbers.

8-0-0-9-4-5-3-3-5-5

No Events found!