Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

December 12th, 2018 05:00

Feature Requests for OME

Hello,

I have a few request that I would like to see in OME that would help me out, maybe a few other people as well.

I would like to see if I can get this option added to an OME update. I would like to have access from within OME to start a SupportAssist Log report for when I have to create a support ticket and provide logs instead of logging into the server itself to run that report.

A customized widget/report on the home screen of what is actually in my inventory, kinda like a quick summary and advanced type that I can modify. Like a summary of how many model of servers I have. How many servers have this model PERC or NIC, etc. Useful when I have to upgrade a site hardware.

A way to get recent alerts to be customized so I can hide a alert from showing. Like the firmware compliance for instance to show or not show in the recent or an option to have another box for certain alerts to show like one for hardware only alerts like a Fan issue on x server and memory issue on y server, and another status box that shows firmware issues. Currently the Alert box has no real use for me since all the issues are firmware issues that is from the recent alerts box.

I currently have 113 devices being monitored in OME with different model of dell server in the mix from the Gen 12 to current Gen servers. 

December 17th, 2018 19:00

Another request I have would be to have sessions persist in new tabs/windows.

From the looks of it, sessionID and x_auth_token are put in Session Storage (which doesn't persist across windows/tabs) and no cookies are created apart from JSESSIONID. 

Would be great if we could middle-click multiple links from the console and not have to log back in on each tab.

1K Posts

December 23rd, 2018 22:00

Hi, Thanks for your post. I have passed on your request to the right guys. I'm sure it will get prioritized on the basis of requests. Please have these requests coming.

2 Posts

February 7th, 2019 04:00

I would like to see a Check Compliance button on the Configuration -> Compliance screen so that baselines can easily be re-run (as the Firmware screen has).

5 Posts

March 12th, 2019 10:00

A feature that would be helpful is: an email test button / feild, within the "Email Configuration" Section under Application Settings -> Alerts.  It would be great to be able to generate an immediate test email, especially for troubleshooting.  IMHO 

For example I have one OME VM that is not "sending emails", the mailhost does not receive anything from it, and another that works perfect.  Both have the same details configured...

Thanks,

-Charles

13 Posts

March 13th, 2019 11:00

The SupportAssist Log creation from OMEnt exists today.  Select the server (12th Gen and above) with the problem.  Click on the Troubleshoot dropdown and select "Extract SupportAssist Collection" to create. Then under Recent Activity for the server you can download from there or go to Troubleshoot > Download SupportAssist Collection and save the zip file.

As for the other requests I second all of them, I could use those features as well.

No Events found!