Highlighted
8 Krypton

Hi Dell Team,

I've spoken before about tuning alert categories, but it would be also good to be about the edit the alert definitions as well

Case in point, RAC9000 Alert is raised when configuration or firmware compliance status changes. It is considered a "critical" event. You'll subsequently get all these critical alerts on every inventory refresh.

From my view at least, it is not a critical. It may be a warning level at best. If I had the option for my environment, I'd set it as informational. However There are others who will think it's critical and need it set as such.

This would allow people to better tune noisy alerts in conjunction with alert policies, without necessarily needing to disable or ignore it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Feedback: Ability to Edit Alert Severity Definitions

Hi and thanks for the note.

Yes, this is a totally reasonable use case and I think in OMEss you could at least edit the severity in the MIB Import tool.  I can't recall if we added this in the OMEnt MIB import.  But it would be nice to support editing the criticalities.  I will send this over to the right folks for consideration.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
duswin
1 Nickel

Hi Rob,

Is there an update on this? I have the same question about our environment. It appears that we can't edit the RAC9000 alert and it does show up as critical. It makes the alerts section of the dashboard difficult to use because being behind in firmware is not critical in our environment under most circumstances.

One other thought about how this might be implemented- if the severity of the warning for being out of compliance were tied to the severity of the update (for example, an update that is related to meltdown would cause an error, but a 'recommended' update would only show up as a warning and optional as info.

0 Kudos

Sorry I don't have any update to report on this feature. 

I did re-send the thread to the right folks for review (again!)

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos