Highlighted
3 Zinc

If I schedule an update for later, does it still only reboot if it needs to?

Jump to solution

Howdy,

I'm scheduling some Drac updates which do not require reboots.  However, On the scheduling screen it says it will reboot the servers when it's done.  Can I assume that it will only do the reboots if it really needs to and won't reboot from the iDrac update?  I can't have these servers rebooting so just need confirmation it won't...

Thanks.

OMEnt Schedule Update.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: If I schedule an update for later, does it still only reboot if it needs to?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. The server will not reboot, unless the firmware that needs to, will auto reboot. 

Thanks,
Joey Chong
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: If I schedule an update for later, does it still only reboot if it needs to?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. The server will not reboot, unless the firmware that needs to, will auto reboot. 

Thanks,
Joey Chong
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Please make the suggestion that they add the words "If needed" to the end of the line that I highlighted in my OP.

Thanks.

0 Kudos