Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

17 Posts

January 22nd, 2020 03:00

Incorrect warranty expiry warnings

If I look at the warranty report, I can see most of my servers listed twice with different warranty levels, e.g. for one server I see it listed with "Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis" which has expired and is generating a warning, and again with "ProSupport with Next Business Day Service" which has 500 days left.

This is causing big red warnings in the warranty widget, and requires a bit of manual work to determine if the warnings in the warranty report are valid or not.

Is there a way of excluding or acknowledging warranty items? At the moment all of the alerts I'm seeing are incorrect!

Thanks!

25 Posts

January 22nd, 2020 06:00

I'll second this.  I've had the same exact problem in the past, and now I have it with ProDeploy.

We have some chassis that included ProDeploy Configuration Assistance, which expired after a month.  Now I get alerts about expired warranty, but it's just the ProDeploy.  I only care about the actual warranty.  I'd love to be able to ignore just that specific warranty item to get rid of the false positives.

Thanks!

• 

8.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2020 07:00

TRWK,

Would you confirm the version of OpenManage Enterprise you're using, as well as if the target system is up to date as well? 

Let me know.

17 Posts

January 22nd, 2020 08:00

Sorry, forgot about that!

It's OME Version 3.3.1 (Build 12) and all my target systems (iDRAC interfaces) are fully up to date according to OME

Thanks!

Edit: uploaded screenshot, service tags replaced by coloured block.

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 16.21.25.png

21 Posts

February 18th, 2020 13:00

@trwk  Can you tell me how did you configured your Dell OpenManage Enterprise to read warranty for your servers ? I have made an upgrade from version 3.2.1 to 3.3.1 and I can`t connect to Dell page to receive information about warranty for my servers.....:/

February 4th, 2021 02:00

Hi there,

Has anyone found a solution for this?

• OpenManage Enterprise
  • Version 3.5.0 (Build 60)

brgds!

• 

3.2K Posts

February 4th, 2021 03:00

Hi CompanyUser,

please check if the affected Service TAG´s are only affected in OpenMange or if they are displayed wrong on our webpage.

Regards Martin

• 

3.2K Posts

Hi,

it seems like an "individual" failure so an "individual" solution is needed.

regards Martin

Hi @Dell-Martin S ,

at the Dell Support Site the first view is green for all affected systems, but when listing the warranties the obsolete warranties atre also listed.

As mentioned by others before: 
OME displays warnings about expired warranties that have long been replaced by new ones.
Thus, the "relevant" warranties have not expired. We need a way to ignore or delete outdated items. How can this be done?

brgds

Edit: Same issue listed here:

Warranty expired / duplicates in OME 3.2.1 - Dell Community

Hi @Dell-Martin S ,

thanks for response. I thought there would be already a known solution, especially if this was asked several times.
I have created a support case in the meantime.

brgds

• 

3.2K Posts

Hi,

As my colleague, @DELL-Stefan R in the linked Thread mentioned I suggest you open a ticket with the TechSupport hotline using one in warranty server and asking the case to be escalated to OME Support Team. 

Did you have further questions?

Regards Martin

February 4th, 2021 08:00

Hi,

I´ve got a reply form Dell support an d this solution works for me.

OpenManage Enterprise Version 3.5.0 (Build 60)

"If you want to ignore the expired warranties please uncheck the box below and change the show warning at 30 days for example"

"This warranty display feature will be improved in the future versions."

OpenManage Enterprise Menu:

/ Aplication Settings / Warranty / Warranty Settings

- Show expired warranties : disabled

• 

790 Posts

March 15th, 2021 08:00

Hi Matts N.

As mentioned by the support in a previous post, this tool is still under development, such issues will be collected and resolved in future versions of it.

For now, there is just this workaround available, in a later version of OME this will be reworked.

We are not able to tell you when this will be, but be ensured that your concerns are heard and reported

Best regards
Stefan

1 Message

March 15th, 2021 08:00

Unchecking the "Show expired warranties" seems like a temporary work-around, not a permanent solution.

Have a customer with OME 3.5.0(60) who got this warning after an upgrade of OME. OME claims the warranty expired 12 months after purchase, for systems bought with 60 months warranty. All systems show correct support information in the web portal.

June 2nd, 2021 23:00

We have the same issue in our environment for many Dell OM versions already (since we even started to look into OM in the first place a year or two ago). Glad to see i'm not the only one with that issue, though it would be even better if this would finally get resolved and we could make more use of OM.

• 

3.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2021 00:00

Hi,

I'm from the social support and understood your concern. I've taken note of it and attached to the same user's reported the feature flaw. 

I would say that is because OpenManage is to only be pulling the data information from the warranty server database and display all warranty which was/is attached to the server. The workaround is to uncheck the box "Show Expired Warranty"

Meanwhile, I'll be taking note down about concerns and work to resolve in future releases.

No Events found!