Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MK

January 16th, 2018 02:00

Invalid credentials

Hello,

we are unable to login with our domain credentials since all the users login names consist of "name.surname" while non-alphanumeric characters seem to be blocked (I got the error when trying to create a local user in the same format). I could setup directory services all right and even the test connection using my "name.surname" login was successful. Please see the screenshots below.

Could you please let me know how to workaround or fix this?

Thank you for your response in advance.

Best regards,

Michal Kopecny

Login failed

AD SetupTest ConnectionSuccessLocal User Failed

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 16th, 2018 08:00

Michal.Kopecny,

You may want to verify that it is allowing complex passwords. You can do so by;

Open Active Directory Users and Computers.

In the console tree, right-click the domain or organizational unit that you want to set Group Policy for.

Click Properties, and then click the Group Policy tab.

Click an entry in Group Policy Object Links to select an existing Group Policy object (GPO), and then click Edit. You can also click New to create a new GPO, and then click Edit.

In the console tree, click Password Policy (Group Policy Object [computer name] Policy/Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Account Policies/Password Policy)

In the details pane, right-click the policy setting that you want, and then click Properties.

If you are defining this policy setting for the first time, select the Define this policy setting check box.

Select the options that you want, and then click OK.

By setting that you get the ability to then require/allow the following

English uppercase characters (A through Z).

English lowercase characters (a through z).

Base-10 digits (0 through 9).

Non-alphanumeric (for example, !, $, #, %). extended ASCII, symbolic, or linguistic characters.

Let me know if this helps.

57 Posts

January 18th, 2018 13:00

I'm having a similar issue, but I did it as Group memberships.  None of the logins work, but it works when I do the test.  I've checked and rechecked all the settings and gone over the (very light) instructions.

63 Posts

January 21st, 2018 17:00

Hi all,

I have installed a new Dell EMC OpenManage enterprise, but failed to login via Web console. I double confirmed that the username "admin" and passcode is correct.

why?

B.R

AW

63 Posts

January 21st, 2018 19:00

I even could not logon OME Enterprise default web portal with "admin" after deployment.

11 Posts

January 21st, 2018 22:00

i also set this up with group membership, and it only works when i use domain\username as username.

i see no option for changing this.

January 22nd, 2018 03:00

Hi Chris,

the problem is not in the password but the login name itself.. If I create a user without the dot character in the login name in the same domain and the same group, I can log in just fine.

Thanks for looking into this matter.

2.8K Posts

January 22nd, 2018 08:00

Hi folks,

I've been off digging into this.  Short story: yep, bug.  Dots are a problem in user name.  I've notified the team to address.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the inconvenience on this one.

Regards,

Rob

January 22nd, 2018 11:00

I've noticed that login with UPN doesn't work and I need to use domain\username instead.

2.8K Posts

January 22nd, 2018 12:00

Thanks Marc, sending along...

Regards,

Rob

2.8K Posts

January 29th, 2018 13:00

Hi AW,

Can you confirm you went to the Text User Interface to accept the EULA and create your initial credentials for the appliance?

Thanks much,

Rob

2.8K Posts

January 30th, 2018 09:00

Hey Michal, back this original post of yours.

Just to get a bit more info, is the issue:

1. You can use user names with dots *if* they are in AD groups.

2. But cannot use names with dots if they are local.

Looking at trying to repro and the local names with dots are not accepted, but if you import and use a name that is in a group and it has dots, it looks to work.

Are you seeing the same?

Rob

53 Posts

January 30th, 2018 18:00

I am experiencing the same thing. Have tried every which way to import an AD group to allow login. The Test connection says everything is working, when when I attempt to login with AD credentials, I am told it has failed. 

I can confirm in this instance that the username being used as no non-alphahnumeric characters in the samaccountname attribute, and the the group being used also makes no use of non-alphanumerics. I've tried:

• username@domain.com
  • domain.com\username
  • NetBIOSLabel\username
  • username

Have also attempted to use as the username the following attributes with their values:

• samaccountname
  • cn
  • userprincipalname
  • name

None of these variations resulted in a successful login using AD.

2.8K Posts

January 31st, 2018 07:00

ok, thanks bcshort for this extra detail.  I'm passing to the team to help with the re-pro.

Thx

Rob

7 Posts

February 6th, 2018 13:00

Has anyone successfully set up AD authentication?
I have successfuly set up the directory service AD type (test successful).
I then used "Import Directory Users" and browse to find the group to add. It was also successful with the group showing up in users "table" with enabled with role=administrator. BTW, the group should be listed in a different menu, and not under Users. That's confusing.

I tried logging in via the following method and they've all failed. The audit log also is not helpful - CUSR1219 - Unable to log in because the provided username or credentials are invalid. Not sure whether it was wrong user name, wrong user in the group, wrong password, etc.

These are the formats for the names with no success:
- domain.local\username
- domain\username
- username@domain.local
- username

2.8K Posts

February 8th, 2018 10:00

Thanks for the post.  We are looking at some issues where usernames with underscores and dots are not working.

And a few folks have found a workaround by doing this:

- Under Application | Directory Services, when you click Add, choose Manual and enter IP rather than FQDN

Not sure if this is relevant to you but thought I'd toss it out there.

Regards,

Rob

No Events found!