Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

9 Posts

June 8th, 2018 10:00

Mount of remote share failed

When attempting a firmware update today, I am receiving the below error.

I have verified the ports are open and the VM is running with 8GB of RAM.   An identical update to another same-model server on the network succeeded when this one did not.   Is there any way to troubleshoot the NFS mount or get some more detailed debug output as to why this failed?

Checking Remote Services availability
Checking Remote Services availability
Remote Service is ready.
Initiated Update Job for DCIM:INSTALLED#iDRAC.Embedded.1-1#IDRACinfo with JobId (JID_284752317176)
Job status for JID_284752317176 is Failed
Message ID: RED016
Deleting the job queue
Delete Job Queue was successful
Deleted Job Id:JID_284752317176
Task Failed. Execution has completed

25 Posts

June 14th, 2018 11:00

I also observe this behavior in our environment.  Same network segment and Datacenter. 

Ive been able to resolve half the issues by signing into iDRAC and confirming the Ready status of the Lifecycle Controller. Sometimes if previous jobs failed, I'd have to boot into F10 and reboot to get it to work. It's possible this is just coincidence for me. 

3 Posts

June 14th, 2018 12:00

I always clear my jobqueues first (racadm jobqueue delete --all) and sometimes I restart my idracs to ensure that they are 100% healthy before update.

June 15th, 2018 05:00

I'm with the same issue. Not sure how to troubleshoot further.
Can someone please explain how the process chain works? E.G - Openmanage->iDrac->share?Blades, share, iDrac are on the same network with no firewall in between. There are no current jobs in LifeCycleController.  Not sure how to troubleshoot further. Using CIFS for network share.

2.8K Posts

June 18th, 2018 08:00

Hi there.

The OMEnt appliance will download the needed Dell Update Packages from the internet to an internal NFS share on the OMEnt appliance.

The OMEnt appliance will send a command to the iDRAC (via WSMan) to initiate the update.

The iDRAC will pull the update package from the OMEnt NFS share (port 111) to complete the firmware update.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rob

June 20th, 2018 02:00

Thanks Rob. 

I'm using Repository Manager to download the Repository. Then mount it with OMEnt. OMEnt finds the share, compares the firmware but gets stuck when trying to Upgrade Firmware with the same error as OP.

Would this mean that WSman have to be configured on the server containing share?

Thanks

13 Posts

November 30th, 2018 02:00

Hello

got the same issue has any one found out the true cause.

thanks

11 Posts

December 1st, 2018 16:00

I've been fighting this issue for some time, and have only recently been able to fix it by going back to my firewall team to open more ports.

As suggested earlier in this thread, you need port 111 TCP.

However, you also need ports 892 TCP/UDP and 2049 TCP/UDP for firmware packages to install. It was only after enabling all of these ports (in addition to 443, 137, 138, 139, and 445) that I was finally able to push the firmware without issue. I believe (but not tested) that you may only need ports 111 TCP, 892 TCP/UDP, 2049 TCP/DUP, and 443 TCP to push the firmware. I added the others to be safe.

The full list of ports used by OME and can be viewed on page 16 of this OME user guide. https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/dell-openmanage-enterprise-v30_users-guide_en-us.pdf

11 Posts

December 1st, 2018 17:00

I've been fighting this issue for some time, and have only recently been able to fix it by going back to my firewall team to open more ports.

As suggested earlier in this thread, you need port 111 TCP. However, you also need ports 892 TCP/UDP and 2049 TCP/UDP for firmware packages to install. It was only after enabling all of these ports (in addition to 443, 137, 138, 139, and 445) that I was finally able to push the firmware without issue.

I believe (but not tested) that you may only need ports 111 TCP, 892 TCP/UDP, 2049 TCP/UDP, and 443 TCP to push the firmware. I added the others to be safe.

The full list of ports used by OME and can be viewed on page 16 of this OME user guide.

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/dell-openmanage-enterprise-v30_users-guide_en-us.pdf

1 Message

March 29th, 2019 10:00

Go to Application Settings --> Console Preferences --> SMB Setting and select "Enable V1".

25 Posts

April 4th, 2019 07:00

the SMB v1 has been enabled since i've had v1.0 . I've always had this problem

4 Posts

April 5th, 2019 08:00

I've had the very same problem as you all, troubleshooted with network colleagues but all was right, until trying to update another server it worked.

A bit of head scratching bought me to read the Support Matrix, where is written that iDrac 7 and 8 are supported starting from 2.50.50.50

I'd say I am not happy of this change, I have quite a few idrac older than that, and I'll have to update them all by hand.

Best regards

No Events found!