Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2018 12:00

OME Updates

Is there a way to force OME to check for/download the update catalogs?  I had to reinstall my VM in order for it to grab a new copy of that catalog.

Which leads me to my second question.  What is the current version of OME that I can download?  I believe that when I reinstalled the VM, it was touted as v2, even though the "Console Update" section still lists 1.0.

2.8K Posts

June 18th, 2018 07:00

Hi and thanks for the post.  There is currently just one version of OpenManage Enterprise.  It is the "Tech Release" version.

For catalogs, you can go to the Catalog Management screen and then click on the "edit" button for the Catalog you created.  Then hit Finish.  It will download the latest catalog from dell.com.

I think Dell currently posts new catalog twice a month on Fridays if I recall.

Thanks!

Rob

1 Message

September 20th, 2018 07:00

Dear,

I'm trying to update our OME. Indeed, the version 3.0.0.990  is available and when i try to download and apply, the console kick me off on the login page.

While the system try to update, a screen appears with "An error occurred during updates. Please check logs"

When i check logs, this event is created.. which is not really helpful :

Completed
console_update_execution
Sep 20, 2018 2:31:57 PM

I'm well on admin mode and all Dell catalog are well provisioned. I conclude it's not a right and Internet access problem.

What could i do to fix that because i already add a lot of servers and i don't want to start again the process. In addition, The migration from OME (essentials) to OME (Entrprise) is not (yet) possible.

Could you please helps me

2.8K Posts

September 21st, 2018 06:00

Hi Maxwell and thanks for the post.

I've not seen this before on an upgrade.  We'll likely need you to open a support ticket so the team can get a closer look.

Thanks,

Rob

--

I'll put the phone number here, but I need to enter it in a goofy format since this forum software strips out a lot of numbers.

8-0-0-9-4-5-3-3-5-5

November 7th, 2018 02:00

Hi i have found the problem.

Open  the LexingtonUpdate.xml with a browser. Then you will see and unterstand where the system expected the archive file.

The appliance need for the update the correct update archive path. I estimate the downloaded update archive was saved on the root with the two xml files. That is wrong for the update process.

001.jpg

My solution: Save the LexingtonUpdates.xml and LexingtonUpdate.xml.asc in the root folder of your IIS and create under the root folder "/" a folder called "archives". On the folder "archives" save the archive named: "omenterprise_3.0.0.tar.gz" 

002.jpg

Try the update again... and see... it works fine.

My update was runing than successfully! 

kind regards ritterjohannes

No Events found!