Start a Conversation

Unsolved

RK

21 Posts

November 26th, 2019 05:00

OME and Harddrive Firmware Upgrades

Hi,

I have several VRTX Systems up and running in our branch offices ... funny thing is ... the old Open Manage System on Windows (V2.5) shows outdated hard drive firmware.

OME 3.2 ord 3.3 appliance does not show outdated hard drive firmware at all. Both systems have the recent Dell update catalog ...

Does anyone here get hdd firmware updates with the appliance?

BR & greetings

Robert

8 Posts

December 12th, 2019 02:00

Hi 

I can confim this ... it seems that OME Enterprise does not have the function for checking/updating firmware in VRTX (yet?!)..

Best regards

Stefan

1 Message

May 27th, 2020 14:00

Any updates on this?  Dell?

I can confirm that Dell OM Essentials v 2.3 can be used to push the following firmware where one of the shared disks is running AS0B and AS10 is available.  I've installed the same DRM generated catalog & payload in both OM Essentials 2.30 and OM Enterprise v 3.3.1.  The former shows the firmware as out of compliance and available for push to the VRTX shared disk, whereas the later fails to show the same firmware update as applicable.

"System Name","Importance","Update Method","Component","Type","Installed Version","Upgrade/Downgrade","Available Version","Package Name","Reboot Required"
"VRTX32.contoso.com","Recommended","Enclosure","Solid State Disk 0:0:1","Firmware","AS0B","Upgrade","AS10","SAS-Drive_Firmware_1DJXX_WN32_AS10_A00.EXE","false"

8 Posts

June 1st, 2020 02:00

Hi

I can also confirm this, it seems that OMEnt isn't aware of disks in a VRTX chassis.

It works in OME 2.5 ... But if I have 14 physical disks it only says that "Physical Disk 0:0:4" is not compliant, and if I make it compliant in OME it will only update the disk in slot 4, I have this behaviour on all my 38 VRTX chassis (and for all versions of OME before 2.5 as well)

I have noticed that if a disk has been replaced (to one by another manufacturer) it may show up as non-compliant, strange behaviour, but i always upload disk firmware manually, that way i can make sure all disks get new firmware.

I had a hope that this would be fixed in OMEnt - but at the moment it seems that "someone" forgot to implement this.

Best regards

No Events found!