Highlighted
MK1024
Silver

Price of OpenManage Enterprise

Typically, in naming convenetions, Essentials == free and Enterprise == costs money.  Will OpenManage Enterprise be free or cost money when it releases? If it is the latter, what is the anticipated pricing?

10 Replies

Re: Price of OpenManage Enterprise

Hi and thanks for the post.

The license scheme for Enterprise will be the same as Essentials.  That is, the monitor and f/w update features are free. The server configuration features are fee based.  It will, in fact, use the same iDRAC Systems Mgt license that Essentials uses.  So no big change here.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
MK1024
Silver

Cool!  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello

Can you tell me what the server configuration feature includes.
I have currently installed the dell open manage enterprise but can't find anything like that to indicate it.

thank you very much
mandragora

0 Kudos

Hi there,

I think the upsell features are mostly contained under the Configuration | Deploy and Configuration | Compliance menu options.  These allow you to extract a 'golden' configuration template from your 'good' reference server and push it out to other servers in order to configure in the same manner.  Then you can also declare a special template for compliance setting and the baseline will alert you if a server drift from these settings.  There might be a brief tech sheet on this feature on www.delltechcenter.com/oment.

Regards,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Hello

I'm not sure we need these features yet. Can I now use the "free" features and if I decide to upgrade the features after all?
I can't find an area where I can activate the "affordable" features or enter a license key.
Does that even exist? Currently I have installed version 1.0.0 (Build 543)

thank you very much

mandragora

0 Kudos

Yes, you can do that, no problem.

That is the latest version.

Most of the features are free and will allow you to monitor and update your servers.  So give it a try.

The license key does not go into OMEnt itself, but rather is driven from the license you have on your iDRACs.

The license SKUs are listed on www.delltechcenter.ome .  This is the previous generation product, but it uses the same license.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Well, that means the tool itself has no license and depending on which license is stored on the iDrac, it can then do more or less with this particular server.
that means I can also mix devices and if I have 20 servers with the better iDrac license, then I can do great things with the 20 servers and not with all other 100 servers - correct? Does everything work in the same installation?

thx
mandragora

0 Kudos

Your statements are correct.

If some of your iDRACs have the OME license, you can do these additional configuration options on the servers.  You can mix and match licensed and unlicensed iDRACs in the same OME installation.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
BCSTechD
Silver

Rob,

Could you fix the link to the License SKUs.  www.delltechcenter.ome and even assumingly corrected www.delltechcenter.com/ome/ will not work.

0 Kudos