Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

24 Posts

October 22nd, 2018 00:00

Severs not showing up in the list of target devices

Issue with compliance baseline:

As in the title around half of the servers don't appear in the target device list. I am sure that this is due to a setting on the devices iDRAC blocking it, because the devices which show up are the same hardware with the same configuration and the ones not in the list are all the same as each other too. Is there a setting in the iDRAC which must be enabled for the compliance baseline to work? Thanks, Joe

24 Posts

October 23rd, 2018 04:00

The difference can be seen in the two attached screenshots. one node has a configuration compliance tab and the other node doesn't The server which has compliance is a c4130. all of our other hardware; c6420's, c6320p's and R740's don't have this tab, but I would have thought they will be capable of the compliance feature as they are all new hardware with the same or newer idrac generation and they all of the server profile option in the idracs.

I am hoping that this is a tick box in OME or on the node?? without compliance.pngwith compliance.png

1K Posts

October 23rd, 2018 23:00

Hi,

Do all your servers have "OpenManage Essentials Server Configuration Management" license? For "Configuration Compliance" tab to show up, the discovered iDRAC should have this license present. The server which is showing "Configuration Compliance" tab must be having "OpenManage Essentials Server Configuration Management" license. If you could check that and confirm, it should solve the problem.

24 Posts

October 30th, 2018 03:00

I spoke to my account manager regarding licencing and this was indeed the issue. Not sure why some of our stuff was sold with the license and some was not; its a shame this feature isn't included when most of the others are!

No Events found!