Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 27th, 2018 08:00

Thread marked as S P A M

Hi guys,

I posted a really detailed write up about the issues I was having connecting OMEnterprise to LDAP / FreeIPA / Red Hat Identity Manager. - https://www.dell.com/community/Dell-OpenManage-Enterprise/LDAP-FreeIPA-Red-Hat-Identity-Manager-integration/m-p/6099773#M531

It included pictures, LDIF and Logs, enough for a decent reproducible bug report.

The forum software flagged it as S P A M.  Can I get someone to have a look as see about getting it posted please.

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 16.23.09.png

I've clicked the abuse report link and and stated why it's not **bleep** almost a week ago now, but that seems to have been ignored.  It's frustrating as it took quite a longtime to get all the information together.

Thanks,

Dan

• 

6.2K Posts

June 27th, 2018 10:00

Hello

Don't post logs in the forums. They trigger the spam filter and they also make posts hard to follow because of the length of the post. Log snippets of a few lines are typically fine, but if you need to post logs then attach a file or upload to a text sharing site and provide a URL.

I reviewed your posts and it appears that because of character limitations you had to create three posts to include all of the information. Please rewrite the posts following the guidelines above. If your revised post gets stuck in moderation send me a private message and I will review it.

Thanks

June 27th, 2018 10:00

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It actually fits all in one post, I'd only tried to split it because of the post getting silently marked as S P A M (seems typing that word normally gets blocked.

The forum software doesn't tell you when you've hit a length limit, you just get some not sensible message. about operation unsuccessful.  I've re-written although as I'd used the code blocks in the original one this new one is far less readable (because you've got to link out to paste bin) and the contents of the logs / ldif now won't be index/searchable.

Dan

2.8K Posts

June 27th, 2018 13:00

funny thing is when I tried posting the eight-hundred support phone number to get people to open support tickets, it would get blocked as well.  So I now put dashes in the number :-)

Not sure if this has been fixed or not.

Thanks!

Rob

• 

6.2K Posts

June 27th, 2018 13:00

That behavior is not likely to change.

If you need to advise someone to contact tech support it would be best to provide a generic URL like http://www.dell.com/contact/

Phone numbers can change over time, and since we are an international company the phone number is not always correct for the region. The contact page should direct to the appropriate contact method for the region.

Thanks

No Events found!