Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 23rd, 2018 13:00

Unable to update firmware with OM Enterprise

I get the error, mount of remote share failed in the job log. The error is RED016. What's happening here? Was i supposed to setup a share on the OpenManage Enterprise appliance? I installed the appliance on vmware. My network team informed me that port 111 is open from the server to the OME appliance.

2.8K Posts

March 23rd, 2018 13:00

Hi there,

The ports used are in the user guide if I recall-page 13 or 14.  That may help.  The doc is on www.delltechcenter.com/oment

Are you just using the Dell online catalog when you create your catalog?  Or a remote/network catalog?

If just the Dell catalog, it uses an internal NFS share.  If network, you will have to set up some sort of a CIFS share/etc to read it from the OMEnt appliance.

Thanks,

Rob

17 Posts

March 27th, 2018 22:00

The network team applied the change to the firewall correctly today, namely to allow nfs, port 111. I was able to complete the firware update through OM Ent.

2.8K Posts

March 28th, 2018 06:00

Thanks for taking the time to update the post.  We will review the documentation on our side as well.

Best regards,

Rob

August 13th, 2018 14:00

Hi Rob,

I am deploying the OpenManage Enterprise appliance, using VMware 5.5, I already have the device detected in the web interface, I think that I am using Dell online catalog because when I am trying to run the firmware update I have the following error " Error Occurred while submitting firmware update job; CJOB4020 - Unable to create or update the job because the field target can not be empty or null "

In the blogs you say that with this configuration use internal NFS Share, I can not find the documents that you say, can you help me fix or give me any documentation please.

2.8K Posts

August 13th, 2018 14:00

Hi Laura and thanks for the post.

We have a link to our user guide on www.delltechcenter.com/oment

But you're right, the language in that is not as strong as it needs to be.  We will make it more clear in the next release.

I think the port table in the guide references NFS and port 111, but it does not say specifically it is used for f/w updates.  Try that first.

Thanks!

Rob

1K Posts

August 15th, 2018 22:00

Hi Laura,

Could you also please confirm whether the servers have been discovered using IPv4 or IPv6 address? 

No Events found!