Start a Conversation

Unsolved

88 Posts

October 26th, 2020 04:00

Update file not in catalog; Check dell.com/support

I see this message from time to time, but in the most cases there are only three or five of this lines, so I ignore them.

But now I have an R440 with Server 2019 where I have four (!) pages full with drivers and firmware marked with this message. Only on the fifth page of  the firmware/drivers tab are there some "real" drivers and firmware. The catalog is up to date of course. 

There is nothing special with this server so I don't understand why there are so much drivers and firmware what are not in catalog. Or is there something wrong with the inventory?

Need I a type of "starter kit" of drivers and firmware? But I have this server since a longer time in OMEnt, this phenomenon is relatively new, since some weeks.

Greetings Barbara

• 

3.3K Posts

October 26th, 2020 08:00

Hello Barbara,

Could you post me a couple of pictures of the four pages showing Update file not in catalog?

I do see the R440 in the catalog and want to corelate what you see to what I see in the catalog.

5 Posts

October 27th, 2020 04:00

Hello
I have a similar problem. Appeared after updating OpenManage to Version 3.5.0 (Build 60)

OME_error.JPG

5 Posts

October 27th, 2020 05:00

OME_error2.JPG

• 

790 Posts

October 27th, 2020 07:00

Thanks for the pictures, we need to check this with the OpenManage team.

We get right back to you as soon as we know more about it.

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

October 27th, 2020 13:00

I'm seeing the same message in my x20, x30 and x40 generation servers. I recently upgraded to OME 3.5

• 

3.3K Posts

October 28th, 2020 05:00

Thank you for the screen shots. Here is how it looks:

1)        CPLD – This is never in the online catalog

2)        PSU – This is never in the online catalog

3)        Disk firmware 2S24 – This one is interesting. It’s for a specific model of drive and there isn’t a newer firmware for it. However, that update looks to be only validated for 13G and older. Meaning it shouldn’t have been possible to order it in that config.

4)        MD1220 firmware – This isn’t in the online catalog, but it’s also up to date from 2016.

5)        Broadcom firmware -  Newest relevant firmware is in the current online catalog. This should show up fine. Only thing we don’t know is the specific model to track down in case it’s an actual older NIC similar to the issue with some of these other components.

October 28th, 2020 06:00

Sorry for late answer. Here are my pictures. As you can see, only on page 4 from 5 "real" drivers and firmware appears. The machine has 2 processors with 10 physical cores per processor. It seems OMEnt lists every core as a single object. Therefore the list is so long.

MdmBarbarella_0-1603891256635.png

MdmBarbarella_0-1603892037324.png

MdmBarbarella_3-1603891501474.pngMdmBarbarella_4-1603891544322.pngMdmBarbarella_5-1603891592419.png

5 Posts

October 28th, 2020 06:00

PSU was not on the list of Firmware until the last update of OpenManage. In general, I have not seen such a message for any component: "Update file not in catalog".

Network card model:

Description BCM57402 NetXtreme-E 10Gb Ethernet Controller
Manufacturer Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries
PCIDeviceID 16D0
PCISubDeviceID 4020
PCISubVendorID 14E4
PCIVendorID 14E4

• 

3.3K Posts

October 28th, 2020 10:00

Hello MdmBarbarella,

From the images the only firmware  not in catalog is PSU and CPLD. We expect those as they are not in the catalog.

The rest that are not in catalog appear to be drivers. OM Ent just stared supporting drivers for Windows hosts in 3.4.

I have an engineer that will test this out in the lab. It may take a couple days and I'll update you what we find.

dostov - this is the latest firmware for your NIC:

Broadcom NetXtreme-E Network Device Firmware 21.6.2 (21.65.33.33)

https://dell.to/3jB4wli

=====================================

5 Posts

October 28th, 2020 10:00

Here's another example with a different network card. I am now deploying OME from the backup, which was made before the update. I want to check how it will be displayed in the old version with the updated repository, in order to understand where the problem is, in the new version of OME or in the online catalog.

OME_error4.JPG

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2020 08:00

I think the problem is how the OME detects the server hardware after the update. The screenshots show that in one case it shows the same network card twice (I highlighted a set of duplicates in numbers). And in another case, for the network card it is shown that there are no necessary firmwares in the repository, at the same time, in the old version, OME showed the new firmware from the same repository.

OME_ESX007_new.JPGOME_ESX007_old.JPGOME_ESX173_old.JPGOME_ESX173_new.JPG

• 

3.3K Posts

November 3rd, 2020 08:00

Hello dostov,

Thank you for your results. I'll forward it up to my engineer for evaluation.

• 

3.3K Posts

November 3rd, 2020 13:00

Engineer tested  an R440. Looks like most of those are just regular windows system drivers, which Dell would not have in a catalog,  but the Raid Controller driver seems like it would be and he can get that added to the catalog.

The NIC FW wasn't supposed to include that particular NIC so it's not even validated.  The catalog, when fixed will show the older version that was last validated for it.

For now I could recommend check how things look after the next catalog update or the one after that as I don't know if it will be submitted before the very next update.

No Events found!