Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2019 20:00

Upgrade Dell OME 3.1 to 3.2.1.29 (latest)

Hi Guys, I am in the planning state of upgrading our Dell OME to the latest version. However, I see many people comment that upgrade takes much time to complete and there are multiple bugs discussed in this community? I want to know your kind advices/tips/experiences on performing this upgrade? Any support on this highly appreciate. Thanks, Nimesha J

124 Posts

August 13th, 2019 08:00

Updated successfully here too (from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1). This is how it happened:

Reboot of the appliance took a moment because it performed a filesystem check.

After that, and upon initial login after update "Console is Updating. Please standby..." for about 30 minutes.

Then it will put you back to the login screen after the message "Client is upto date. Reboot after some time." (?) Alas, it doesn't reboot. At this point it sends out a mail that upgrade is complete.

I log in again and can see "Post upgrade Task" running which spawns a lot of Discovery tasks. This took a while but there was no problem.

2.9K Posts

August 9th, 2019 08:00

Hello, The update we ran on our OMEnt 3.1 system did take a little while. The update started on Wednesday, but ran through my shift. I came back in to it's completed update. I didn't encounter any bugs in my update process, though. I would recommend running the update during off hours.

11 Posts

August 11th, 2019 17:00

Thank you !

August 12th, 2019 06:00

The upgrade process went smoothly here. It did take about half an hour or so.

October 26th, 2019 08:00

hello, i try to upgrade from 3.2.0.build241 to latest 3.2.1.build29. 
so i downloaded from dell website the minimal upgrade build for this .29 verison
i check and validated this offline can be reach to a different http server so far so good.
but it seems it does not see this newly build for upgrading.
also after a reboot of appliance does not do anything.

Any idea ??

124 Posts

October 26th, 2019 09:00

If you would describe the Exact steps you took, then maybe someone would be able to help.

4 Posts

March 14th, 2020 17:00

How many hours did it take?

Thanks,

Sravani

No Events found!