Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 2nd, 2019 04:00

Upgrade OME from 3.0 to 3.1?

Hi.

We have OpenManage Enterprise 3.0.0 installed. 

I see that OME v3.1 is out (

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

but it seems to be a OVF install only, not an update package?

Will there be a upgrade iso or something? I don't see any update if I go to Application Settings > Console Update.

I have it set to Automatic Check and Online (repo). Does anyone know which online url it's trying to connect to, so I can troubleshoot possible connection issues?

Isn't there a way to ssh into the appliance to do some local troubleshooting?

January 2nd, 2019 23:00

Hi Joffer77

I covered the URL location in a previous post on here:

https://www.dell.com/community/Dell-OpenManage-Enterprise/Offline-Updates-to-OpenManage-Enterprise/m-p/6185796/highlight/true#M837

Essentially it looks http://downloads.dell.com/openmanage_enterprise/LexingtonUpdates.xml and that in turn points to a tar.gz in the archives directory.

I've copied that the content of that URL to a webserver on our disconnected network and everything works as expected.  I've successfully update to 3.1.0 without issue (takes about 15-20 mins on our virtual appliance).

6 Posts

January 2nd, 2019 04:00

Same here. We tried to upgrade through the offline function (html, nfs) as well. But the the gui shows no update found.

7 Posts

January 2nd, 2019 05:00

What file(s) did you point to for offline update? Did you find a update file instead of the virtual appliance install files?

7 Posts

January 3rd, 2019 01:00

Great. Worked like a charm, putting those files on a local webserver and point to it. Now I only need to figure out why it doesn't work online (probably proxy/firewall problem at my work)

(Ugh. Just found out I had two accounts. This is @Olainen posting. Will delete this account, and keep my olainen account; in case someone wants to contact me)

8 Posts

January 11th, 2019 00:00

Hey,

we've tried the same but for us the update does'nt appear in OME.

We are running an httpd Webserver on CentOS 7. All files are available through http and OME is accessing the server, at least it is accessing the LexingtonUpdate.xml and xml.asc files without an error on the server side. After that nothing happens.

Do you habe any ideas how we can solve that ?

1K Posts

January 11th, 2019 08:00

Hi,

To get more understanding on this, do you the upgrade process starting at all? Upgrade make take upto 30 or more minutes depending on the available bandwidth.

8 Posts

January 14th, 2019 00:00

Hey,

Not at all. OME cant even find the update on our local webserver. Ome still displays that the latest version is 3.0.0.

But in the access_log from the webserver we get two "HTTP GET Request", both with status code 200.

Meanwhile i will check with our network team if we get any kind of firewall drops but ive already tried it on another webserver.

10.61.248.236 - - [14/Jan/2019:07:42:01 +0000] "GET /LexingtonUpdates.xml HTTP/1.1" 200 700 "-" "Java/1.8.0_181"
10.61.248.236 - - [14/Jan/2019:07:42:01 +0000] "GET /LexingtonUpdates.xml.asc HTTP/1.1" 200 95 "-" "Java/1.8.0_181"

January 14th, 2019 23:00

Hi there

Could we please just have an option to upload the update file to the server via the GUI? Not all of us have proxies or webservers lying around... :)

Thanks!

Marty

1K Posts

January 16th, 2019 08:00

Hi,

Thanks for your post. I will pass on the request the right guys so that it can be prioritized for a future release.

12 Posts

January 18th, 2019 06:00

I have a better idea : Fix the "Check now" button on "console update" menu.

Or remove it, if it's just for fun that it is here : I don't find it funny :)

January 23rd, 2019 01:00

Make sure that the webserver is not blocking the .asc file.

IIS sent me a 404 when trying from another client, because it was not an allowed file/MIME type by standard. 

got it working when i allowed it. offline update is now working

8 Posts

January 24th, 2019 07:00

We've already updated without using our proxy.

Next time we will try it again with a webserver maybe we are more successful in the future.

Thx anyway.

1 Message

February 4th, 2019 03:00

Hi,

the "Check now" Button is without function. And i got an "invalid date"...

OME_Update.jpg

I check the update function with Firefox, IE 11 and Chrome --- nothing. I set from Automatic to manual, from Online to Offline --- nothing.

And i used an IIS --- the same...

And now?

2 Posts

February 6th, 2019 05:00

At this point I would settle for copying the update .gz file to the appliance and running a script to upgrade. 

39 Posts

February 12th, 2019 07:00

Hi Dan, I guess this must be also updated with the link to the local web, offline link. Should be LexingtonUpdates.xsd or LexingtonUpdates.xml? I've tried both but not working :( Any other changes? Thanks in advance, Augustin
No Events found!