Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

3 Posts

September 7th, 2018 00:00

email alerts for hardware health

I have set up an email alert policy according to this youtube video . I still don't receive email alerts from OME about servers with hardware errors. I have a R630 that is reporting 'Correctable memory error rate exceeded' errors in iDRAC. I can see the server in OME and in the hardware health dashboard it shows a Critical. Ome still does not send an email notification about this hardware error. I have verified that OME can send emails to my mailbox. Ome can send emails about device compliancy and I can also reports but I can not receive device health alerts.

1K Posts

September 9th, 2018 23:00

Hi,

The error that you see in iDRAC, i am assuming is seen under SEL logs page. Could you confirm that this is an old error or a new one? You can check the date of logging in Lifecycle logs page.

OMEnterprise reports emails for an alert when the alert is received in console from server. Could you please check if there is any event collected in console which was received from this server? If not, then we will need to look at why the events are not coming to console. You will need to configure SNMP alerts in iDRAC with destination as console IP.

September 11th, 2018 00:00

Hi,

Yes. The error is seen in the DRAC in the system event log. The error is also seen in OME.

The date of the event in DRAC is Mon September 10 so it is a new one from yesterday morning. The alert is also seen in OME. So the error in the DRAC does reach OME but I still do not receive an email. 

1K Posts

September 11th, 2018 23:00

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Is your iDRAC configured to send alerts to OME? You will need to set the SNMP alert destination as your OME IP for it to be able to receive alerts from your iDRAC. You can see the system event logs in OME because system event logs don't need to be configured like alerts.

Make sure you have the necessary ports open between iDRAC and OME. You can check the port details in online help.

September 12th, 2018 05:00

Hi,

Yes this is all configured. Ports are open. It is on the same subnet. The IPMI alert configuration tests from DRAC are received by OME. 
No Events found!