Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2016 08:00

Alerts authentification failure ::1

Hello,

I'm using Dell OME 2.1.0.2635 to monitore Dell PowerEdge servers (T410, T420, T430, T610) with Dell OMSA 8.2 installed.

I'm getting a lot of Authentification Failure alerts like the following :

When i try to ignore this type of alert, i've got a popup Window which said that it can't link the device for this alert :

Is there any way to know which device is sending this alert ? (or force ignore this alert)

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Samy Girard

1K Posts

January 12th, 2016 21:00

Hi Samy,

When you click on the alert, you will see the IP address from which it is coming.But from this screenshot this seems to be a localhost IP. Is your local machine configured to send alerts to itself? You can check that in SNMP service settings from services.msc.

You can either change that setting or if you want to force ignore an alert for a specific device or from all devices, then Right click on the Alert from "Alerts" page and select "Ignore on this device only". That will ignore that alert from being shown in OME.

4 Posts

January 13th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

Looks like you are right : the SNMP trap was configured to send to itself on the OME Server.

I have disabled the SNMP trap service and removed the SNMP trap destination : i'm gonna check tomorrow if i'm still getting alerts.

4 Posts

January 15th, 2016 08:00

Yep the alerts are gone : thanks for your help.

1K Posts

January 18th, 2016 06:00

Great. Thanks for updating the post.

No Events found!