Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

January 29th, 2018 06:00

Blank compliance report screen

Hi all,
We are looking for an easy we to manage the bios/firmware updates of our workstations across the estate.

After lots of old posts it seems that Dell OME is the tool to do the job.
I've managed to spin up a server and create a discovery scope which lists all the workstations in the range and details the bios versions etc.

Further reading on how to query our machines and push out an update is done via the 'Manage' > 'System Update' window. I've downloaded the latest catalog but nothing seems to be loading after that?

screenshot

Can someone advise on what's our next steps to get our machines bios updates out.

Many Thanks.

January 29th, 2018 23:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

If you mean Dell client devices by workstations, then OME does not support system update feature on them. System update feature is only available for Dell servers and chassis.

3 Posts

January 30th, 2018 06:00

Thanks for the response Shivindra,

Can you suggest the most efficient way of patching our workstations firmware/bios please?

Thanks,

JV

January 30th, 2018 22:00

3 Posts

January 31st, 2018 02:00

Many thanks,

In the Link provided, it mentions "You can use Dell Repository Manager to create a local repository of updates that Dell Command | Update will use."

As per the Dell Repository Manager link, it states that it is a feature/integrated with OpenManage Essentials.

Which is why i installed OpenManage Essentials :) 

Will Command Update & DRM allow us to manage/update our client workstations remotely? or is this just a tool that is run locally?

Thanks again,

JV

January 31st, 2018 04:00

Here is the community to interact with DCM folks. Request you to cross post the query there and they will help you.

https://www.dell.com/community/Enterprise-Client/bd-p/Enterprise-Client-Forum

No Events found!