Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

July 29th, 2013 10:00

Broadcom 17.6 catalog Issue

Hey Guys,

I noticed an earlier forum post about this, but I have some further details.  This is not related to the update from OME 1.1.1 to 1.2.

With the last catalog release, Broadcom version 17.6 drivers were made available for upgrade (dell seems to have finally gone with Broadcom's driver version numbering which is nice, saves the headaches, but seems to have caused a new issue).

Here's a screenshot from OME:

Here's a screenshot from the 17.6 release notes - note the actual driver version:

When checking the device inventory via OME, it is listing the driver at 7.6.2 as well as another entry for the driver being at 17.6

The screenshot I put was from a 2950 server, but it's occurring in approximately 19 other physical servers for me

My guess would be that either OME is looking at the wrong driver to update, or the versioning differences is messing it up

Blake

November 5th, 2013 00:00

Deleted... check following post.

2.8K Posts

November 5th, 2013 05:00

Thanks for the data...Yeah, trust me we've got a focus on the BC issues now.  The team is planning to post a new BC driver in the first half of December.  It's not as quick as I'd hoped, but it looks like the 17.6.0.0 and the 32 bit WoW issues will be resolved in there.

I'll let you know if I get any other updates guys.

Thanks,

Rob

5 Posts

December 13th, 2013 11:00

Hello Rob,

Any ETA on when this "working" BC driver will be posted?

2.8K Posts

December 13th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

Yeah, I'm thinking the driver got posted.  But the new catalog lags a bit behind it....sometimes by a week.  Checking...

Rob

December 17th, 2013 09:00

It appears the catalog has been updated. I updated my local OME 1.2.1 catalog and no change has been noticed on my end with the Broadcom driver compliance. 

I also deleted any local installer files on my OME server and tried to refresh compliance view by enabling downgrades and then disabling downgrades.

Anyone else have a different result? Any more news from the catalog team on this issue?

58 Posts

December 17th, 2013 09:00

same result for me, after updating with the new catalog today, all those Broadcom updates are still showing as applicable when they are not.

December 17th, 2013 10:00

I have already escalated this to the OME dev team that I have direct connections with. Still nothing back as to why the Broadcom drivers are still being listed. Also there is still an issue with the Emulex drivers that was supposed to be addressed as well.

5 Posts

December 17th, 2013 12:00

I am using a SUU bundle (created from DRM) dated 11/8 and it has problems with the BroadCom NIC drivers. I refreshed the catalog today, no change.

58 Posts

December 20th, 2013 08:00

another new Catalog was released.  It looks like one of the two issues have been resolved...

(issue resolved was the 16.0 package wanting to update to 16.0.0)

Broadcom Package 18.2 is now listed as applicable, but after doing the update, the same driver issue occurs:

Again, by looking at the readme for the 18.2 update, 7.8.50 is the driver included with this package.  It is incorrectly showing the package that is already installed as applicable...

140 Posts

December 23rd, 2013 03:00

I've had a few of my server show they updated, some changed in the non compliant view as one card updated and the other not updating.  I don't know what the real issue is but it is definitely frustrating.

140 Posts

January 6th, 2014 07:00

I don't think the issue is entirely on Dell, there have been many posts that state they need Broadcom to work with them on a solution and as we all know I'm sure from experience, that isn't always the easiest feat to accomplish.

58 Posts

current status is that it's still broken.  Dell Fixed one issue, but the other related one is still broken.  (take a look at my post on Dec 20th for details)

140 Posts

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I'm simply saying what they've said before.  I do think it is ridiculous and taking way too long to resolve.

5 Posts

This is beyond frustrating. The lack of response to remediate the underlying problem is perplexing. I am sure this can't take so long to coordinate and resolve? Unless someone internally @ Dell just does not think this is important enough to fix?

33 Posts

I remember someone saying the new BC drivers should have been released in first half of december.

Does anyone know the current status?

No Events found!