TRScott
Iron

RE: Broadcom 17.6 catalog Issue

I've had a few of my server show they updated, some changed in the non compliant view as one card updated and the other not updating.  I don't know what the real issue is but it is definitely frustrating.

0 Kudos
BPU
Bronze

I remember someone saying the new BC drivers should have been released in first half of december.

Does anyone know the current status?

0 Kudos
BlakeRSK
Iron

current status is that it's still broken.  Dell Fixed one issue, but the other related one is still broken.  (take a look at my post on Dec 20th for details)

0 Kudos
sunnysnair
Nickel

This is beyond frustrating. The lack of response to remediate the underlying problem is perplexing. I am sure this can't take so long to coordinate and resolve? Unless someone internally @ Dell just does not think this is important enough to fix?

0 Kudos
TRScott
Iron

I don't think the issue is entirely on Dell, there have been many posts that state they need Broadcom to work with them on a solution and as we all know I'm sure from experience, that isn't always the easiest feat to accomplish.

0 Kudos
sunnysnair
Nickel

Yes, but, from our standpoint, we can't go to Broadcom? We are using a Dell product/service and we look to Dell to push the issue with whoever, as needed, and get us a resolution? I am sorry for the rant here - but this is just getting out of hand!

0 Kudos
TRScott
Iron

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I'm simply saying what they've said before.  I do think it is ridiculous and taking way too long to resolve.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Robert Clemens
Phosphor

This is 100% on Dell. Even if there are issues with Broadcom, they are not the ones pushing updates to the catalog which in turn is alerting Dell Software to know that an update is available.

If the Broadcom drivers had issues in the first place, not cataloging the update would keep Dell systems out of the know and thus no problem.

No way, no how, will this ever be assigned to Broadcom as their issue.

0 Kudos
BPU
Bronze

More than two weeks faded away and there is absolutely no information by DELL.

Makes me feel real sad.

BPU
Bronze

Is Dell working on this issue?

For months we didn't hear anything regarding this issue. I don't feel like anyone cares about this problem. Hope dies last.

0 Kudos