Robert Clemens
1 Nickel

RE: Broadcom 17.6 catalog Issue

And during that time I've had other catalog issues arise such as a VRTX update appearing on my R420 servers (SAS RAID)......

0 Kudos

Hi guys, I definitely understand the importance of the issue.  Here is the latest I know of.

Note on these types of issues, there are often 3 things in the mix: the driver pack (BComm), the catalog, and OME.  So we have multiple teams that need to keep the moving parts in sync.  Certainly not an excuse, from a customer perspective: it's Dell.  And that's correct.  Internally, there can be a number of groups working to resolve....different release schedules, etc.  As I said, not an excuse, just 'insight'.

1.       Be sure you have the latest catalog.  Latest is K7PGY  posted 1/30/2014
  2.       The initial issue was that the BCOM 32 bit firmware update would not execute within the WOW64 layer.  This is fixed in the latest update package.
  3.       The version issue was fixed in the Jan 10th catalog. This had to do with the fact that the MUP used a 3 digit number scheme where the catalog was using 4 digits.  
  4.       The remaining problem is now that, in OME 1.2 you will see the individual drivers showing as applicable update even after applying the driver family update.
  5.       To fix this (#4 above), in the upcoming version of OME (Q12014) the update logic is updated so that only the driver family shows up as applicable update.  Once you apply that update, the system will become compliant (provided all other updates are applied as well). 

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

edSmiley Very Happyuplicate post from my previous reply (sorry, forum said the post failed).  Rob

Hi guys, I definitely understand the importance of the issue.  Here is the latest I know of.

Note on these types of issues, there are often 3 things in the mix: the driver pack (BComm), the catalog, and OME.  So we have multiple teams that need to keep the moving parts in sync.  Certainly not an excuse, from a customer perspective: it's Dell.  And that's correct.  Internally, there can be a number of groups working to resolve....different release schedules, etc.  As I said, not an excuse, just 'insight'.

1.       Be sure you have the latest catalog.  Latest is K7PGY  posted 1/30/2014
  2.       The initial issue was that the BCOM 32 bit firmware update would not execute within the WOW64 layer.  This is fixed in the latest update package.
  3.       The version issue was fixed in the Jan 10th catalog. This had to do with the fact that the MUP used a 3 digit number scheme where the catalog was using 4 digits.  
  4.       The remaining problem is now that, in OME 1.2 you will see the individual drivers showing as applicable update even after applying the driver family update.
  5.       To fix this (#4 above), in the upcoming version of OME (Q12014) the update logic is updated so that only the driver family shows up as applicable update.  Once you apply that update, the system will become compliant (provided all other updates are applied as well). 

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Hi Robert...

Can I get more info on that bogus update showing up? SAS RAID (Firmware or drive and the full name). 

I can try to tell the catalog team.  But it would be helpful if you can open a ticket on this particular issue.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Robert Clemens
1 Nickel

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=7W1YW

Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit Driver for VRTX controllers

My controller is Perc  H710 but not VRTX. Update will not apply to this model.

0 Kudos
BlakeRSK
2 Iron

Thanks for the update Rob Smiley Happy

0 Kudos