Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 17th, 2012 12:00

Broadcom Catalog issue

Hey There,

Any news from the catalog team regarding the Broadcom driver issue (posted a few months ago).  They've released a few new catalogs but OME still shows the Broadcom driver 16.4.0 (Package: NIC_DRVR_WIN_R315615.EXE) as recommended for most of my servers (M910, M610, PE2950, PE2900, PowerVaultNX, R710)

Looking at the package on the dell site, it is only recommended for the M710HD and M915.

or does the catalog team have a set of forums i can post bugs to?

Blake

April 17th, 2012 13:00

The Catalog Team is aware of the issue and is working on correcting it.  

58 Posts

April 17th, 2012 13:00

ok, i will try to patiently wait :)

Thanks,

blake

892 Posts

April 20th, 2012 10:00

I hate to say this, but the catalog update has been pushed back to mid May (at least). I would suggest creating  your own repository using the Dell Repository Manager. What you would want to do is add the nic update package (dup) to the repository for the system(s) you own. the site below has videos on RM's usage, and the 6th video on the list I created to help people add packages to the bundles. This can then be used with the Lifecycle controller or as a Server Update utility (SUU).

en.community.dell.com/.../1767.dell-repository-manager.aspx

58 Posts

April 20th, 2012 10:00

thanks for the update/info

Blake

20 Posts

June 18th, 2012 04:00

Hi! Is there any progress on this? It is a bit annyoing to get a "non compliant" message for almost all of our servers... Furtermore I noticed another calatog bug: On Windows Server 2003 32bit at least the PERC 6/i RAID Controller driver is shown as outdated as the 32bit driver ends with 2.24.0.32 and the 64bit driver ends with 2.24.0.64. OME thinks that the 64bit driver is newer (because of the .64) and then tries to install a 64bit driver on a 32bit OS which fails for sure. So it still shows the PERC 6 as non compliant regarding the driver version which is a fault positive! This should also be corrected!

Best regards,

SG

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

June 18th, 2012 08:00

Thanks for the information SG.

I hadn't heard about the 32/64 bit issue before. I'll get this across to the catalog team ASAP.

Regards

Abhijit

20 Posts

June 25th, 2012 06:00

Can you give as any timeline when these bugs should be fixed and the catalog should be completely functional? Meanwhile there should be thousands of IT people using OME worldwide, so it's a bit frustrating to wait and wait...

Best regards,

SG

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

June 25th, 2012 08:00

Hi SG,

New catalog with this bug fix is in the process of final validations and should be posted online this week.

I understand the frustration and the catalog team is trying their best to resolve any issues as soon as possible. Since the catalog contains thousands of components and is consumed by multiple products, the validation cycle is little longer.

Regards

Abhijit

58 Posts

June 26th, 2012 07:00

This broadcom issue was originally posted January 27th and after the newest catalog update, (06/22) - the issue still remains.  Can we please have a renewed push to get this fixed by the catalog team?  I have to constantly explain to my boss/peers why systems are showing as non-compliant when they are actually compliant.

58 Posts

thank you sir

2.8K Posts

Understood Blake.  Be assured we are pushing this issue aggressively.

Best regards,

Rob

58 Posts

June 26th, 2012 09:00

SGPPL posted about the 64 bit driver issue.  Hopefully he can reply about the 64 bit driver problem.  I have a few other catalog issues, but the biggest one is the broadcom driver showing for the wrong servers - it affects pretty much every model of server i have.

Best Regards,

Blake

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Hi Blake,

You have reported two issues with the catalog. One is related to Broadcom driver showing up as applicable for wrong server model and second is related to 64 bit driver showing up as applicable to the 32 bit OS.

My understanding was the latest catalog should resolve the 64 bit driver showing up as applicable issue. Please let us know if that issue is addressed. I'm checking with the catalog team on the fix for the wrong server model issue.

Regards

Abhijit

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Hi Blake,

My bad. I didn't realize that it was not reported by you. Thanks for the clarification. As I mentioned, I'm trying to get the date of resolution from the catalog team.

Meanwhile as an alternative, is it possible for you to use Repository Manager and create a baseline. That will allow you to exclude this update from the catalog generated by Repostiroy Manager. You can then use that catalog as a source in OME and your servers will show up as compliant.

Regards

Abhijit

20 Posts

June 28th, 2012 11:00

Hello, the 32bit/64bit-driver issue seems to be solved with the newest catalog.cab I downloaded from ftp.dell.com/.../catalog.cab. So the "only" remaining issue is the Broadcom issue.

Best regards,

SG

No Events found!