Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 13th, 2022 07:00

Can I keep my Alert Management settings when upgrading OpenManage?

Yesterday, I upgraded a number of my Linux servers from Open Manage 9.2.0 to 10.2.0 (Dell EMC OpenManage Server Administrator Managed Node (Linux Consolidated), v10.2.0.0 | Driver Details | Dell US)

As a result, I lost all of my Alert Management settings and am painfully going through and re-configuring everything. I should have asked beforehand, but for future reference, is there a way to export those settings and re-import them after the upgrade?

Thank you

2 Posts

July 14th, 2022 15:00

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the export button on the Alert Management page is greyed out:

greyed out.PNG

I did however find out that I was not following the recommended steps to upgrade OpenManage. On my last server, I ran the setup.sh script with the old version still running. The script handled the stop/start of the instance and cleaned up the RPMs correctly without losing my settings.

• 

3.3K Posts

July 13th, 2022 13:00

Hello cweyn,

You should be able to export your alert settings. On the Alerts page there are Task buttons at top right of the page, click Export (round button arrow pointing top right ) generates a text file that lists the values for each data field on the open window. The export file is saved to a location you specify.

• 

3.1K Posts

July 14th, 2022 22:00

Hi @cweyn,

I've spoken to one of the OMSA support engineer about your issue. The action buttons are only available on some pages only, therefore the export button on the Alert Action Information is greyed out, as it's not available for that page. I don't think there is a way to export the alert settings, as I can't find an option to import settings even if you manage to export the alert settings.

The recommended way to upgrade the version is by n-1 or n-2. Which means, there is a big gap of 9.2 to 10.2. It's preferable to upgrade to 10.2 from 9.5. 

No Events found!