Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2017 12:00

Can't complete SupportAssist Initial Registration

Good afternoon,

I installed OME 2.2 on a fresh Windows 2012R2 server. Everything seemed to be working OK. My company really wants the SupportAssist feature to monitor all of our Dell servers and storage. I had that part working too.

Then I thought that I would install the SupportAssist Enterprise version. It installed OK, but I couldn't get it to work remotely via web browser so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the version included in OME. Now I can't get past the initial registration. When I get to point where it asks for credentials, it says, "SupportAssist is unable to connect to the OpenManage Essentials REST service. Please ensure that the OpenManage Essentials REST service is running."

Where is this service and how can I get past this error? I've rebooted multiple times with no luck.

April 25th, 2017 10:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

Hope SA Enterprise is installed on the same machine where OME is installed. OME REST service is hosted under the IIS and it is required that the user IDs used to login in SA Enterprise have write access to the base directory where the REST services are installed. In a typical installation, this path is "C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\wwwroot\Essentials\api".

To ensure the REST service is working fine, perform a simple GET operation such as below:

https:// : /api/ome.svc/Devices

No Events found!