I've just successfully created a pushed a deployment task for installing OMSA 7.1.0 on a 2008 R2 server. However, while I'm logged into the server with my AD creds, I go to open OMSA from desktop icon but my login fails EVERY time on the "Managed System Login" page. I can login fine when signing into Manage Web Server... I've tried various different admin accounts and still cannot seem to login. Any ideas?
I've researched this problem a bit and have tried the solutions given -- entering managed node IP address rather than host name, etc.
I've not seen this. It looks like the deploy part worked ok. You may also post a question on the general sys mgt forum to see if any OMSA folks can offer an idea.
Check if the entire OMSA package is installed in the system. If it is, a “Login” page is displayed instead of “Web Server Login” page when you launch OMSA using the desktop icon. Once launched, provide the system credentials ( username and Password ) to login.
The problem is there are too many possible problems that can cause this.
1) Use a computer with Windows 7 or earlier, to use Internet Explorer v8.
2) Check host name doesn't use underscore _ or other incompatible characters that IE doesn't like to find in URL's.
3) Use the IP address or localhost instead of the full name.
4) Check firewall and security software on both server and client to make sure they can connect.
5) Check DNS and other network settings to make sure the basic connection is working.
6) Check that the Dell software and other necessary services are working.
I'm sorry I don't have more detail of the above because it would take too much of my time to do what Dell and Microsoft should have sorted out earlier ie. why should I do their job for free when they are paid $B.