Highlighted
polok
1 Nickel

Cannot remove Alarm Action -> EMAIL

Hi,

I have a weird problem. I am not able to remove email actions which i configured few weeks ago. I is possible that I am not able to complete the task because the "device query" assigned to the alarm no longer exist...

I am able to right click on the alarm but not able to choose any of the options. Such problem occur on last four alarms from below list. I am able for example to edit first two

DELL OME 2.01, server was already rebooted, I tried different browsers,

Thanks !

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Cannot remove Alarm Action -> EMAIL

Hi,

I just tried creating an alert email action with dynamic device query and then deleted the device query. I was still able to edit/delete the alert email action. If you can elaborate on few things which you did on the items related to these alert email actions, it might be easier to find out the problem.

Though, the screenshot looks like the right click options are enabled. Does this mean that the options are enabled but nothing happens when you click on them? Is there anything obvious noted in UI logs?

Thanks,
Pupul

0 Kudos
polok
1 Nickel

Unfortunately I have no idea what happens. The admins which should receiving the emails report me that they are not getting anything for few weeks ;> When i was checking the alarm I noticed that I cannot edit few of them,

The right click options is not displayed for actions on the left side of the screen. When i right click on any of the problematic four actions nothing is happening, the drop down list works perfectly for others actions

The drop down list is available when i am in the email view.... drop down appears but i cannot choose any option. Same as previously everything is working fine for other actions,

I only noticed one thing. Below I compare the working action with the problematic ones, some of the settings are missing

Working one:

Not working one:

0 Kudos

Hi Polok,

At this point of time from whatever information i have, it is difficult to suggest the next step. There has been some operation which goofed up something, at least that is what it looks like. Would request you to please raise a trouble ticket with our support team so that they can get a closer look at the problem. The support number is 800-945-3355.

Thanks,
Pupul

0 Kudos